❃.✮:▹ Vincent X Reader. ◃:✮.❃

We're gonna ignore the fact this chapter probably took more than a month to complete um

--

Y/N paced down the mansions walls, quickening her stride to avoid any of them.

Its not like she didn't like them- no, no, she was just scared about the fact they were vampires. Blood-sucking and barely human. The only one she was ever fond of was Vincent, who was surprisingly sweet and kind to her ever since she appeared in the mansion, and Mozart, for the obvious reasons, but he only saw Y/N as a competition, thus, distancing himself away from her as far as possible.

She sighed before opening the door to her given bedroom, flopping down on the plush sheets, releasing all the tension and nervousness she felt in that very moment.
Y/N laied there for about a minute before sitting up again, her gaze falling on the case of a certain instrument that stood in the corner of the room.
'My violin!' She thought, a bright smile formed on her lips, before she even knew it, Y/N stood upon the case of her violin.
She picked it up, gently unzipping the top of the case and pulling out the very fancy looking instrument and bow.
Memories of her past objective before she ended up in this situation crossed her mind.

Y/N paced her way through the magnificent art museum, holding her violin case in hand as she examined all the artwork from all different countries and cultures, from statues carved from wood in the Pacific, to beautiful oil paintings from Europe, all of it. She was brought to the Louvre by invitation of a special event which was happening that very day, assigned to play a song given to her in the opening ceremony, and ending.
Just until she bumped into Comté, and well, you know the rest.

She huffed as a wave of guilt rushed over her from the memory. Brushing it off, she straightened her posture and set down on the edge of the bed, determined to play away all the bad thoughts and feelings she felt in that very moment.
Slowly, she started playing a few notes before growing comfortable and continued playing an entire song from start to finish.
It had been nearly five minutes, but it felt like ages.
All the guilt she had felt a few moments ago had faded away as she silently tucked the violin back away, pushing it off to the side before laying back down again, allowing her thoughts consume her.

...

Vincent stood outside of Y/Ns bedroom as he leaned in closer to hear the melancholy tune of Y/Ns instrument.
He'd heard it before, millions of times. Mozart plays his music surprisingly loud during certain days. But, this.
This seemed different.
He was immediately hooked into the melody, even rocking his body slightly back and forth to the rhythm. It was music to his ears.
He loved it, and for some reason, he felt captivated by just a simple song used to relief stress.
Soon after, the music came to a stop. Vincent heaved a sigh, disappointment washed over him as he wanted to hear more of the melodical tune.
It wasn't like he could do anything though.
Vincent didn't know Y/N was fond of him and his talents.

Keeping his footsteps quiet, he walked away from Y/Ns bedroom door, humming the same melody that Y/N just played while he walked up to his familiar spot to paint.

....

It was the next morning, Y/N was doing her daily tasks granted to her by Sebastian.
Dusting some of the halls, Y/N passed by Vincent's art room. The door closed & all, but even so, she could hear the faint tune of the exact thing she had played the other night.
She stopped in her tracks for a moment in thought.
The song she played came from modern times, nobody in this mansion, besides Sebastian, would ever know such a tune.
Which drawn her to the conclusion that he heard her. Not that Y/N had much of a problem with it-- she was strangely find of Vincent, despite him being a now vampire & all.
Y/N smiled to herself, moving away from his room to continue polishing some of the floors, humming the same time to herself. Such a bop.

...

Vincent stepped out of his room, his main intentions were to find his little brother to ask him a question, only to be met with the amusing sight of Y/N prancing  around the corridor while humming that same familiar tune to herself.
Vincent smiled at the sight, "Y/N..."

She squeaked and whirled around, "Ahh, Vincent, you startled me!"
She shyly smiled, gaze dropping away.

"What's that melody you keep singing to yourself?..."

"Huh?"

"The tune you were just humming right now. And t-the tune you played in your room that one night."
Vincent took a step closer to the short female. It took her a second to realize- "Oh! It's... the melody of a song from my time. W-wait, you heard me?!"
Eyes wide from the sudden shock that practically struck her in the gut.
Ouch.
Vincent tilted his head, his gentle gaze studied the short girls' appearance with a smile.
"Ah, was I not supposed to? My apologies, Y/N." He let out a gentle chuckle as you sighed.
"I- I was just in a bad mind-set at the time..That's all."
"Well, I think you played beautifully."
His hands wrapped around her smaller ones, caressing her gently skin lightly, staring into her shimmering gaze. Blush stained her cheeks when realizing the position they both were in as he leaned down, whispering a phrase into her ear which made her heart flutter.

...

BONUS !!

"EEK- Vincent!"
Y/N squealed trying to get out of her boyfriend's surprisingly strong grasp.
Vincent twirled the shorter girl around in his arms with a smile.
"...Vincent, why are we here?" Y/N asked, gazing around at the large field of sunflowers they both stood in.
Vincent's hand took ahold of Y/Ns, kissing her palm.
"I wanted you to play for me."

"In this field?"

"Yes. Your music serves as inspiration for my paintings," He smiled, kissing the top of Y/Ns head while she giggled.

"Aww..."

---

UM THIS MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE TOOK MORE THAN A MONTH TO COMPLETE OOPSIE dAISYS  uM-
anyway ajdjsjdjs i hope u enjoyed since I haven't updated this in FOREVER LMAO