12. Hipster Disney princesses

26 days before

It was alright once we left the PlayFest event. All thoughts of Michael left my mind, and it was alright.

I really just wanted to forget about it.

***

I got changed into the pale yellow maxi skirt and navy crop top, and then went into Laurel and Matt's room to finish getting ready. Laurel helped me with dyeing my hair black. It was pretty messy, and it was only when we already had the dye in my hair that we thought about putting the costumes on after we dyed my hair. Whoops.

Anyway, we didn't get any on our clothes. I quickly blow dried my hair a little bit, and then did Laurels hair while mine finished drying off. It was dry by the time I was tying the silver ribbon in her hair.

Matt came into the bathroom. "Oooh, looking pretty," he said to us.

"You're not looking to bad yourself," Laurel told him, kissing him on the cheek. Matt was going as the Mad Hatter from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, and his costume was amazing.

I ran a comb through my hair, detangling it. It always got so knotty when I blow dried it! After I finished my hair and Laurel finished her makeup, she started on my makeup, and creating the tree branch masterpiece on my temple. I looked in the mirror when it was finished, and smiled. "Laurel, this is so amazing!"

"Glad you like it!" She said happily.

We then did Matt's makeup, who had had a go at it himself but he accidently mixed white facepaint with grey or something and it was really messy. "This is taking forever, I don't know why girls do this everyday," he said.

"Well, we don't wear facepaint everyday. Facepaint takes longer then normal makeup," Laurel pointed out with a shrug. "And shh, or we'll accidently get you in the eye with eyeliner."

"Which blue do you think?" I asked Laurel, showing her the two blue eyeshadow compacts in my hand. We decided on the slightly darker one, and painting the colour onto Matt's face, from his eyelid all the way up to his eyebrow. I picked up Matt's phone which we were using to look at a picture of the Mad Hatters makeup. We need to blend the blue into the pink under his eye," I said, showing the phone to Laurel.

'Oh, we really do." She picked up a makeup brush, and started blending the two colours, while I stood back and admired our work.

"How much time do we have left?" Matt asked after a while.

"Shh!" Laurel told him, and continued blending the two colours. "Oh no wait, that's actually a good question." She picked up her phone off the bench and turned it on. "Oh my God guys, we only have twenty minutes before we have to be downstairs! Well, your makeup looks fine Matt, you're done, because we have to go."

***

The limousines dropped us off at a club that had been rented for the night in the Sydney CBD. The decorations were amazing; there was little pumpkin laterns and tealight candles everywhere, giving the room a soft glow. The ceiling was covered in spider webs and had little orange and black spheres hanging from the ceiling. The DJ at the front of the room was playing really good music, and everyone was dancing and having fun.

"We're going to go get a drink! Do you want anything?" Laurel shouted over the music.

"No thanks!" I shouted back, shaking my head.

I watched Laurel and Matt weave their way through the crowd. I continued dancing, wiggling my hips. I wasn't the best dancer, but no one was properly dancing, it was more of a rave type thing. After a couple minutes, I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I turned around, figuring Laurel and Matt were back.