1. Youtube videos

52 days before

"So, a truth or dare video?" I asked Laurel, my best friend.

"Yea, let's do it! Should be fun. I'll tweet and ask for dares slash questions, " she replied.

"Okay, same." I pulled my new iPhone 6 out of my pocket, and went into Twitter.

@SilverLining - Tweet me and Laurel some dares or questions! Truth or dare video to come!! Use the hashtag #truthdarewithlaurelandmad Xx

I quickly scanned over the tweet, to check for mistakes. I absolutely hated posting stuff on the internet that had any grammar errors or spelling mistakes, I always checked before I pressed the post or send button. I hit tweet, and moments later I started getting notifications, people replying.

"Okay, I'm done. Agh, I'm so excited for this video!" Laurel said.

I grinned. "I know, right? How long do you think we should give it before we film? So that people can get tweets in and stuff."

"Uh, I think an hour would be enough."

"Sounds good," I said with a grin. "Wanna make smoothies while we wait?"

"Is that even a question? Yaaaas."

***

Laurel and I sat on the black leather couch in my living room, all my camera and filming equipment set up in front of us. "Right. You ready?" I asked Laurel with a smile.

"You know it."

"Okay." I pressed the button on the little remote hidden in my hand, and a light on the camera flashed with a small beep.

"Heeeeeeyy!" Laurel and I said simultaneously, waving and grinning like mad.

"So today I'm filming a truth and dare video with the lovely Madison." I said, gesturing at Laurel.

Laurel burst out laughing. "Oh my god, Madison. You're Madison. I'm Laurel."

"Wait, did I say Madison? Pffft, good one," I said, laughing. I pressed the button to get the camera to stop filmng.

"From the top?" Asked Laurel, and I nodded, pressing the button again.

The light on the camera flashed. "Heeeeeeeeyy!" We yelled.

"So today I'm here with the lovely Laurel," I said, and Laurel waved at the camera. "And this has been requested so much, so we're going to do a truth and dare video!"

"We asked you guys on Twitter to tweet us some questions and dares, and there was a ridiculous amount of tweets, but these are our favourites," Laurel said. "Okay, so the first dare is from @kaylee_447, and it says 'Use a tooth brush to brush each others hair. Love you!' Ahaha, love you too."

I stopped the camera. Most youtubers I knew would rather film their videos in parts, and then edit them all together. "There's a packet of toothbrushes under the sink, I'll go grab it. Unless you'd like a used toothbrush?" I asked Laurel.

"Nah, it's all good. Thanks anyway."

"Alright. Yooou wiiiiish you had a uused tooothbruuush!" I sung as I walked down the hallway towards the bathroom. I opened the cupboard under the sink, and bent down to look in it. All my makeup was at the front, next to Theo's aftershave and cologne and stuff. Theo's my boyfriend, and we bought this apartment together at the start of the year. It was close to where we'd be going to university next year, after this year; a gap year. I spotted the red plastic packet at the back of the cupboard, and grabbed it. I walked back down the hallway, and waved the toothbrush at Laurel. "It's orange! Your favourite colour!"