20 - Red With Jealousy

The week following your talk with Jungkook was the same as always. Any sense of awkward tension between the two of you had immediately dissipated after your conversation with him that night.

However, you have noticed occasional instances where the hybrid hesitated before he slipped his hand into yours during your walks to and from the clinic and when he asked for pets. Nevertheless, the hybrid that you have grown quite attached to has demanded more and more attention by the day with a soft blush accompanying his cheeks whenever he did so.

Just yesterday, Jin had ordered pizza for everyone to eat at the clinic for dinner since the both of you had a few later appointments scheduled near closing time. So after returning home, you decided to let yourself catch up on some of your favorite shows with the new free time. You had settled into a comfortable position on the couch after changing out of your scrubs when you noticed Jungkook seemed somewhat frozen in his stance by end of the hallway.

"Koo? Are you just going to stand there all night?" you had asked with a soft giggle. The said hybrid immediately straightened his posture and his ears stood tall on his head. "Wanna watch some TV with me?"

"Can we cuddle?" he asked confidently with what looked like an attempt at a puppy dog face. You scoffed softly, reminding yourself to have a talk with Hoseok about teaching Jungkook his cute, heart-stopping antics.

"Sure," you had nodded and within the blink of an eye, the bunny hybrid had launched himself onto the couch and laid his body down with his head on your lap. "What's up with you lately, Koo?"

"I like it when you call me that," he smiled, ignoring your question.

"What about Kookie?"

"That too," he hummed, turning to bury his nose into your thighs. Your eyes widened at his sudden gesture and you felt your cheeks and ears heating up quickly.

"W-what are you doing? I thought you wanted to cuddle? You're just lying on me right now," you stuttered out.

"But you smell good," he mumbled.

You feel your cheeks heat up as the events from last night continue to play in your head. Your lunch sits in front of - barely eaten. You quickly reach out for your bottle to take a hasty sip of water.

"Why are you blushing all of sudden? What's gotten into you? You keep zoning out this morning," Jin bombards you with questions causing four hybrids to turn their attention to you. Before you get a chance to answer, you're bombarded by four new concerned voices.

"Are you sick?" Jungkook whines as he quickly grabs your hand. His bunny ears flop down around his face and he pouts at you sadly.

"She doesn't smell sick. Are you stressed?" Hoseok interjects.

"Maybe she's tired," Yoongi grumbles. Everyone turns to look at the cat hybrid, knowing he's trying to project his own feeling of fatigue onto you, and he gives a nonchalant shrug.

"Is it because of the court case?" Namjoon asks with furrowed eyebrows.

"No guys, I'm fine," you shake off their concern.

"But you haven't eaten. You usually eat all your food unless you're feeling under the weather. Are you sure you're feeling alright?" Jin points out and Jungkook whines even more with a sad gaze on your lunch.

"Oh hush you big baby," you tease. "I was just thinking about some things. I would never waste this good food." To get your point across, you take a big bite of food and chew on it happily. The five men don't say anything else but they continue to throw suspicious glances your way. Just as you're about to finish your meal, you feel a weight on your shoulder and long black bunny ears obstruct your view.