Chapter 19

*19 years old*

This year has been a world wind for me. I didn't have much time to wallow in my self-pity of missing Blake because work and school have kept me super super busy. I flew up to Washington to help Blake get settled in his dorm and that probably wasn't the greatest of ideas because the time came when I had just started to be okay with not seeing him. We called and skyped at least three times a week, but I still miss him terribly.

Work has been... interesting. The first fashion show for me was a complete disaster and I seriously thought I was going to be fired. I went out of turn on accident and didn't walk or pose right on the runway, but the subsequent shows and photo shoots went significantly better.

Lauren isn't that bad of a person after all, she just likes to have fun. She takes care of me well though and she can always tell when I'm a bit off or need something. She was extremely helpful in the first few weeks as I was getting settled and adjusted to my new life in L.A. We actually hang out a lot outside of work and we go out to lunch or shopping or see a movie or something.

She also gave my entire wardrobe a make over. She insisted that if I am truly working for Elite, then I need to look as good on the runway as I do off the runway. I can't exactly say that I miss my old clothes. I desperately needed to revamp my style, I just didn't know how. I was never into that kind of stuff much.

Now I wear skirts and dresses all the time and I have learned how to match them with the right wedges and scarfs or jewelry. I actually take time to do something more with my hair than simply brush it, and I have recently mastered the art of winged eyeliner. I bought a few more purses and I feel like a totally new person. Well not exactly a new person, but a better, improved version of me. I did keep my converse sneakers though for comfort; I will never get rid of them.

My new diet is more of a vegetarian diet, but I don't mind. Sweets are limited, but I can still enjoy my ice cream and chocolate cake a couple of times a week. I have to go to the gym a lot as part of the contract and I have actually grown to like it. I'm pretty sure I have lost weight despite my already petite frame, but I don't think I look anorexic like some of the other models. It's definitely a new me, but I like it.

It is fall break for our colleges and I am flying Blake down here to visit me for the extended weekend. I can't believe we're almost halfway done with our second year. Time really flies. It is a big weekend for me as far as modeling goes and I am excited to bring him along so he can see what I really do in most of my time.

School is going as well as it can I guess for us. He's not really enjoying the pre-law track at University of Washington, but his parents keep insisting he pursue law instead of a firefighter. I am loving my art on the other hand and find it very fun and relaxing. I spend so much time in the studio working on different pieces, and I spend just about the same amount of time at Elite.

I haven't really gotten that whole "college experience" because I work so much when I'm not in class, but that's okay I guess. By the end of the semester I will have basically paid off my tuition for the whole year, so the rest of the money I am making is going to saving for other important purchases. I'm saving for a car right now, but I want a brand new black convertible mustang so it might take a little bit. In the meantime, I am using my trusty skateboard that I've had since forever.

Campus is close to Elite so I ride my skateboard around campus and to work everyday. Lauren says that I can't ride a skateboard in a dress and heels, but I seem to manage just fine.

Today is the day Blake comes from Washington. I am at the airport too early, but I am just so excited to see him. I am ready and waiting in one of my new outfits; a halter neck leopard print shirt and white blazer, dark blue jeans, and strappy black open toed shoes. I also have my big white purse with gold metal buttons. He hasn't seen me since my full makeover. I mean, it started last year, but I didn't see him much because of work and such, so this should be nice.