I Didn't Look

I was in Jackson's shower. That was enough to send my heart to the moon. The hot water trickled down my back as the stress was being 'washed' off of me in away. My blonde hair becoming soaked in the water as it poured down my body. I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my body. The towel could have been considered a washcloth since it barely covered my rear end. I walked into the bedroom that Jackson has supplied for me. I nearly jumped out of my skin at the fact that Jackson was standing in the room with one hand filled with clothes. "I swear I saw nothing." He said looking away. Half of me was relieved that he saw nothing because he was still an assassin, but the other part felt somewhat disappointed. "I trust you," I said taking the clothes from him. "I should have told you that the small towel is for when you wash your hair." He said.

"It's fine. I think you planned me wearing this." I teased. Jackson blushed before trying to defend himself. "I swear I didn't know." He said. I laughed as he tried to fix his reputation with me.

"See moments like this make you who you are," I said. It was none of my business what he did, but I didn't want to see him get hurt because of his actions. "If only I had moments like these growing up." He said.

"Do you wish you had naked women coming from the shower in skimpy towels?" I asked trying to sound offended. "I didn't mean it like that, Kerri." He said.

"That's what they all say," I said. Out of embarrassment, his cheeks turned red and he left the room. I got dressed in the clothes that I had received and walked downstairs to where I hoped Jackson was. I walked into the kitchen and saw him making me a hoagie. He had the bread and everything. "I didn't know what you like to eat so I guessed." He said.

"Who doesn't love hoagies?" I asked.

"Me." A girl said. She was very pretty with her Jet Black hair and her piercing blue eyes like Jackson's. "Hey, your home early," Jackson said. Home, this girl lived with him. Who is she? "So are you. What happened to the job?' The girl asked. "This is the girl," Jackson said pointing to me. "Are you crazy." The girl said. "No, I'm not crazy." He said. "Why would you bring her here. To our home." The girl said.

"I can leave," I said.

"Your staying right, Lauren," I said.

"He is so going to kill us," Lauren said.

"No, he won't because no one is going to tell him," Jackson said.

"What about Wendy?" Lauren asked.

"I'll handle her," Jackson said.

"This girl better be worth putting us both at risk," Lauren said. I understood where Lauren was coming from and I sure hope that I was worth the risk too. Jackson was putting him and others in danger for me. Was I really worth this? I sure hope so especially if they could die for this