Meeting the Wife

I arrived at the company building being very watchful of my surroundings. I walked inside and sat down next to Brittaney. She looked terrible. Her hair was in a bun held by chopsticks while she wore all baggy clothes and her eyes were bloodshot red from crying. I looked just as bad. My hair was in a messy ponytail, my eyes were also red, and I wore baggy clothes. Jamie came out of her office and looked at us. "You both look horrible," she said. Britt was the first one to speak.

"He's dead," Britt said.

"He saved us," I said.

"Bert told me. He also said you think he wasn't cheating." Mrs. King said. "Yes, he didn't try anything with me. He just wanted someone to talk to so that he could feel young." Britt said.

"He was always weird," Mrs.Kin said. "I'm so sorry for your loss," I said. "You both have been through more than me. You saw him die when I can only imagine," she said. "Don't pay me please," I said. "But you did your job," she said. "It won't feel right taking your money. Especially after the death of your husband." Britt said. "Please take it," she said.

"Just let me know that you'll be alright," I said.

"I'll be fine. I should have trusted him," she said.

"It's hard to trust men," Jamie said.

"True, but that man was my husband. The love of my life," she said. "Can I come to the funeral?" Britt asked. "I'd like to come to," I said. "I'd like that," Mrs.Kin said. Mrs.Kin looked torn up, but not as bad as me and Brittaney. I knew that it was because she had to look presentable no matter what, but her eyes didn't even look as though she had cried at all since her husband's death.