8

Fort Frolic. The gem of the art district, founded by a good friend of Ryan's, Sander Cohen. He was a gay playwright, sculptor, painter, actor, poet, and musician, adored by hundreds. But, that was before Rapture started sinking. As soon as Adam came in, sanity went out, and so did rumors and secrets.

I may not remember much of my life before becoming this knight-in-rusting-armor, but I'm an old enough model to remember what Cohen became.

He was an infamous child trafficker. He sold orphans to pedos and the scientists that made the little sisters.

As much as I loved having Amelia, Cohen made me sick. That's an understatement......as far as my memories are concerned, he gave me the red lights at the very mention of him. I had taken a liking to tearing down his art......I wonder if I ever liked it to begin with, even before all this.

Rumor was, Sander Cohen was still alive. He'd sent poor Jack to kill all of his 'disciples,' his ex-lovers and colleagues, and had him photograph their corpses for a special little display of his. And he's still making 'art.'

I led Rosie and Sam through Fort Frolic, determined to find the bastard. Killing him was definitely something on my bucket list.

Rosie paused and we held up, looking back at him to see what was going on. He adjusted his radio knob, turning his body towards the frequency. I could hear it now, too- Cohen's greatest record, "Why Even Ask?" You could have it on vinyl and tape.

I would love to tear up those tapes.

We began moving in that direction.

....

....

"La da dee, dat da da-daa...."

*Clangclangclang*

"Who's there? If you know the passcode, you're free to enter...."

*Screeeech*
....

*CLANGCLANG*

"Oh for Pete's sake, quit that racket!! My record is on-"

*BAM!!*

Rosie finally kicks down the door, blasting it open as Cohen stumbles back. He's on the Veranda, pairs of well-dressed splicers dancing away carelessly under some kind of influence. Cohen had dropped his glass when we entered so abruptly, but pays us no mind.

"Oh....It's just you brutes. Go on, there aren't any little sisters in here for you. Come back some other time," he says dismissively as we start to walk through the splicers, knocking them out of our way.

Now Cohen seems a bit more uneasy.

"What are you doing? You mindless automatons, there's nothing here for you!" Cohen stammers as he takes a step back, the three of us now ascending the stairs. Rosie reaches the top first, and Cohen turns to run when his window turns red- but Rosie is fast enough to catch up. Sam follows next, his larger, rounder form knocking over the record player as he goes, shattering the disk and causing the splicers to come to their senses and flee.

I'm close behind when Rosie picks Cohen up by his coat and slams him onto the railing. Cohen spurts blood when he coughs, and Sam is ready to take his arm off by the time I catch up- but Cohen begins to speak.

"Would you kindly! Cease!" He begs.

We stop, staring at him, all our windows red.

"I gave you those little sisters you hold so dear! I'm the reason you're still alive! I gave my vote towards your very creation! You owe me, just like everyone in this damned drowning place!"

Sam and Rosie look at each other, then at me.

Oh, no, Cohen- you don't understand. I don't have a little sister anymore. And I'm not going to be around much longer, either.

"I don't owe you a fucking thing," I snarl, Rosie and Sam letting me take the shot. I ran my fist through Cohen's ribcage, crushing his heart and lungs, and he twitches and spews blood until he stills.

I pull my fist away and Rosie and Sam continue tearing him apart.

....

"Whrt zhzrrd wr dr wrht drr hrrd?"
Rosie asks Sam and I, as we're sitting at the edge of a dive pool with our feet in the water. Rosie is holding Cohen's head by his hair off to the side in one hand, holding it up for us to see.

Sam shrugs- kind of- and so do I. Then I remember something....way out of left field. A strange, coherent memory....popcorn, hot dogs, the noises of a crowd....loud music, a resonate *crack* sound, cheering....

"Do either of you like baseball?"

RevoltOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara