Episode 20: City Boy

            The next morning, Zac had his head down from listening to his English teacher Mrs. Chi tiring lecture. Zac finally picked up his head when the teacher gave them an unexpected announcement. A guy walked in the classroom with spiked up silver hair, silver eyes, muscular figure wearing a white cleaned shirt that had red, blue, and yellow stripes going downward, blue jeans, and clean white shoes. He also had a silver chain around his neck with a dog tag.

            “Class this is our new student Travis Ka’Harris, traveling from New York City,” said Mrs. Chi.

            “Please…call me Travis” Jenna touched her Cubed stone around her neck and said telepathically, “Daaaammmn…”

            “Girl I am already on it,” thought Angela, touching her Icosahedron stone.

            “He is fine!” thought Trista touching her Octahedron stone as well. Travis turned his head, looking at everyone as he had a calm and serene presence about himself. He noticed Trista and quickly winked at her as she pushed her blonde hair back. Zac had his spikes in his hair down, his bangs in his face a little, as he ran his fingers through it, making that part of his hair fire up for a quick second.

            The bell rang as everyone ran out the classroom, the gang tagging right behind.

             “Don’t forget we got training later on after school,” reminded Jenna.

            “Grrreat,” said Zac, knowing that wouldn’t be fun.

            “Oh cheer up Zachariah,” joked Angela. Zac didn’t find saying his full name out loud funny and in retaliation he pushed her into someone unknown. Angela bumped into a guy with a weird combination of brown hair and icy blue eyes. He caught her and their eyes met.

            “Sorry,” she said, getting off of him. He smiled and said,

            “I’m not.”

            “Is it getting cold in here or is it just me,” he said, rubbing her arms up and down.

            “From where I’m standing, you look a little hot,” he grinned. Angela couldn’t help, but blush, knowing what he meant by that. Zac stopped in the middle of the hallway and heard someone calling his name. He looked around, but no one in the crowd was calling him. He kept looking and traced the calling to someone with a lighter. They opened the cap and sparked the light as he just slowly gazed at it. His heat beats started to slow down along with his breathing, sensing something within the little flame. Something of a mysterious shadow slithering about within the flame, calling him closer towards it. Just as it seemed that he couldn’t resist it, the person with the lighter closed the cap, snapping Zac back to reality.

“Let’s go,” said Zac, yanking Angela away from the guy as they heard the loud ringing noise of the fire alarm going off. The guy walked over to another dude who had his back against a locker with his knee sticking up and the foot on the locker as well. The dude had black hair with piercing dark eyes as the guy said,

“See how easy that was, she fell right into me and I could have taken it right then and there.”

“Her brother is nothing…keep him busy,” said the dude with a scorpion tattoo on his arm. 

            “In a couple of minuets he’ll be out of the picture…permanently,” said the guy with icy blue eyes.

            Zac went outside, pushing his way through the large crowd of uncooperative teens, talking people he knew as he passed by them. Across from the school on the rooftop of another build a bold black bare footed guy with glowing green eyes, a cloth wrapped around himself, and tribal tattoos on his body stood up with a bow in his left hand. He raised his bow up swirled his right hand around and chanted, “Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Nam Myoho Renge Kyo.” He kept repeating it over and over again as green swirls surrounded his swirling hand. He lifted up his hand slowly and when it reached his shoulder length it transformed into a hazed green see through ghost looking arrow. He placed the ghost arrow in his bow and with his eye on the target and launched it.

            Travis walked around a bit, confused to what was going on, but something about this school drew him, it filled him up with excitement. He looked up at the sun and slowly back down looking at a build with a guy on the roof. Travis saw what looked like a weapon in the person hand as he fired. Travis turned towards Zac’s direction and ran to him, pushing him out of the way. The arrow missed him and pierced the spine of a girl actually going inside her.

            “Ahhhh!” screamed the girl’s friend, seeing her best friend fall to the ground. Jenna, Angela, and Trista ran over, helping the guys up.

            “You okay?” asked Travis

            “Yeah…I owe you I guess,” said Zac.

            “Whatev,” said Travis brushing himself. Trista turned her head away from everyone as eyes flashed in panther mode as she touched her stone, communicating to the gang mentally.

            “Something is wrong, it looked like an arrow that just, exploded and now green stuff…green stuff is attacking her Crystal Heart…almost poisoning it,”