The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face #2

~Maddox~

I walked to the elevators and got in.One of the two women that are beside me,whispered something to another one and she looked at me.When she saw that I noticed her look she turned away with red cheeks.I don't even mind this kind of attention any more.I got  used to it by working for older women and being in presence of their friends,who were very appreciative of my physical appearance.Back then,before army,I would probably get her number,but I'm not like that any more.I just don't see the point of getting close to someone just to get them taken away from you in a matter of seconds.It's better to stay alone,away from love and feelings in general.I can't stay away from sex,that's in human nature to want and need.But sex isn't complicated and there is no need to connect with someone to make it happen.It is a release of some sort,makes you feel good,at least temporarily.

I walked out of the elevator and saw a woman walking in my direction.

„Good afternoon Mr.Crawford,come with me,please.“she started walking towards a hallway which was on left from where I was standing.She continued“I'm aware you were told you would be meeting Mr.McKinley,but there was a slight change of the plans.Miss McKinley is the one who will be doing interviews.“.Just as she was finished speaking she stopped in front of the doors“Here we are,please go inside.“and with that she turned around and went back the same way we got here.

I knocked and opened the door.There are at least 15 more people in the room.I looked around and then my eyes stopped on a young woman,she is about 20.Her big blue eyes seemed somehow distant,her moves were a bit  awkward as if she was uncomfortable.She made me feel something I haven't felt for a long time and this is a first time I've seen her in person.I saw her on TV,billboards and online before.I don't know a lot about her or her family,just that she's a famous model and was involved in some kind of scandal few months ago.Wow,wait a second.Why am I even thinking about her,she's just another pretty girl.There are a lot of those,everywhere.

We all sat down and she started the meeting she asked if anyone was in relationship,I found that weird because usually I don't get that question when I go to this things.What's even weirder is that it seemed pretty important to her,but I don't understand why.Everyone,who was in relationship went out,only 2 more guys stayed in the room with me.I was the last one to get interviewed,but I didn't wait too long.Two guys before me were finished quite fast,faster then it usually takes for this things.When the second one got out,I walked in and her eyes were on me in that second.She noticed me looking back,so she quickly looked down on the table,taking a paper in her hands.

„Mr.Crawford,please take a seat.“her voice broke a little,so I decided to play with her a little.

„Thank you.I would like to ask you why did you decide to hire me without even speaking with me?“

„Excuse me?I didn't say that.Why do you think that?“she was taken back with my comment.

„Whenever I went to an interview none of them were so fast as of those two man before me.And I could see how you were looking at me when I came into the room before.“this part was actually true. 

„You,Sir,are very out of the line.If your work wasn't so good as I can read here “she pointed to the papers“and I wasn't compelled to hire someone with your capabilities,I would already ask you to leave.“well,mission accomplished Maddox.She isn't only confused,but slightly angry now.

„Well,Miss,I hope you won't do that.It would be a shame.I was wondering why you asked about marital status before?“I thought why not make a use of this conversation and ask her about it.

„That is something that is private and I don't want to discuss with you.“

I could see that is a topic that might be sensitive,so I decided not to push it.

„I can see that all of your jobs lasted a month or so,never longer why did you come today if you knew this job doesn't have a specified time span?“she continued,looking at my resume.

„I apologize,it wasn't my intention to intrude in your privacy.To answer your question,I decided it was time for a change and this was an opportunity to do so.“

She had a questioning look in her eyes.Just when she wanted to say something her phone vibrated.

“Okay,I will tell someone to direct you to my father.You are hired.I'll see you tomorrow.“and with those words she left me.I wanted to say that I don't even want the job,but I didn't.I don't know what stopped me and honestly I'm afraid to find out.

„Excuse me Mr.Crawford,Miss McKinley told me to escort you to Mr.McKinley's office.So please follow me.“it was the same woman that was here during the meeting.

We came to the office.“You can go inside,Mr.McKinley is expecting you.“and then she left.

 I knocked on the door and walked inside.

„Oh,you must be Maddox,your uncle told me you are his best man.I'm glad Naomi chose you because I trust your uncle.“he got up from his chair“I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself,David McKinley.“

„Maddox Crawford,nice to meet you Sir.“we shook hands.“Your daughter suddenly left and told me I would be sent to see you,so will you tell me a bit about the job?“

„She called me a few minutes ago,she had to go to a photo shooting.She also apologize for leaving so suddenly.“

„It's alright,I understand.“I replied.

„Now let's talk about your job.“he said and put his elbows on a table.“The situation is pretty delicate as the police is involved.I've started getting anonymous letters a few years ago.Police arrested the alleged offender and I stopped getting the letters.It turned out the arrested man wasn't the one who sent them,but just one of those who worked for a real culprit.Letters began coming to me again and I'm afraid for safety of my family,especially of my daughter since she was indirectly mentioned in one of the letters.That is the first reason.Second is because of hate messages and death threats Naomi is getting from fans of some band.Paparazzi took some pictures of them together and false rumors began being spread.It could be just idle threats,but in this world you never know.There are a lot of delusional people out there,I don't want to take a chance.“he sighed.

„I wasn't aware that situation was this serious.You can trust me with your daughter,Sir.I won't disappoint you.I suppose you don't know about Miss McKinley schedules,I need them to know about it because of security measures that need to be made,so could you give me the number of her assistant or management?“

„She doesn't have an assistant,but I can give you number of her management.I'll tell them you're going to contact them.Also,I'm not sure if Naomi told you,but she said she'll be paying you and not me.That is not sure yet,I'll talk to her this evening and then tell you what she decided.The reason I'm telling you this is that I would like to know about any kind of unexpected situation that might happen.I hope you'll be able to tell me about those things,I'm willing to pay you more if that is a problem.“

„Of course Sir,and you don't have to pay me I understand your worry.Miss McKinley told me I'm starting tomorrow,so I need to go now.Goodbye Sir,it was nice meeting you.“We shook hands and I walked to the doors.

„Maddox?“

„Do you need anything else,Sir?“

„No,well actually yes.I do understand that this is just a job for you,but please be patient with Naomi.She is a severe case of introvert and can be pretty distant in company of new people.Since you will spend a lot of time together,just try to understand her.Maybe she'll open up to you,but don't expect much.“

„I understand.Goodbye.“I left his office with a few questions in my head.Why is she like that?Did something happen to her?But the biggest one is,will I be able to resist this feelings that are evoked in me?