Face to Face

Kristopher's POV

I left shortly before the sun rose. I didnt bother with my horse, they would hear me coming. With my new found speed and agility it was probably faster for me to take off on foot anyway.

I ran, following my noes and marking every few tree's with an X so that Liam and Jazz could follow me. 

At first her scent was weak, but it grew stronger. Soon it became so strong that i could swear she was standing right in front of me. It wasnt until i stopped short at the river and looked around to see no one and no longer had a scent that i was completely confused.

That was when i heard her scream

Clair's POV

For two days Thomas and i trecked through the woods, headed towards the western mountains where we guessed Rog was hiding. 

It was early morning, Thomas and I had only slept a couple of hours before heading out again. Now we were standing at the edge of a raging river trying to figure out how to get across.

"Cant you fly across?" Thomas asked

I shook my head

"I have no control over my powers" I said miserably "I dont know how"

Thomas looked across the river, thinking.

"Then we will have to cross the old fashioned way" He said "Rope"

He pulled a long rope out of his bag, turning to fasten it to a tree. I was just about to turn around to help him when a piece of mud under my shoe gave way and i slipt. With a horrible shreik i plunged into the water. 

Suddenly i couldnt breath, my lungs were being filled with water. I couldnt see, everything was black, all i could hear was the raging roar of water in my ears.

I was going to die. Out of all the things I had been through i was going to die drowning in a damn river. Oh Kristopher, i love you. 

Suddenly a strong hand grabbed my hand, pulling me upwards. My head broke the surface and i was able to get one more gasp of air before i went under again. Whoever was holding onto me didnt let go, Thomas must have plunged in after me. After all, he was my guardian. 

When my head broke the surface again i opened my eyes. I screamed when i saw that we were about to tumble over a waterfall.

"Hold on!" A voice yelled into my ear. I gasped again

Kristopher?

But i didnt have time to even try to look behind me, because just then we went tumbling over the water fall. 

When i woke up it was with a rather unatractive spluttering noise. I opened my eyes to find myself lying on my back on a rocky shore. The grey sky above me and my head pounding. 

I gasped, Kristopher?

A groan a few feet away from me answered my thoughts. Looking over i saw Kristopher lying there, dressed in a way that told me he had been to the palace and clutching his side, gasping for air.

"Kristopher!" I gasped "What is it?"

"I cant breath" He gasped "My ribs, i hit a rock when we fell"

"What can i do?" I asked, assessing him, searching for more injuries.

"I dont bloody know" he gasped "heal me or something"

"I-I cant" I sobbed "I cant control my powers"

"You brought me back from the dead for crying out loud" He ground out "Cant you heal a punctured lung?"