Gifted

Jazz's POV

"Hold up" I gasped, feeling as though i was going to be sick "Kristopher? a nutcracker?"

Aradia smiled meakly and gestured for me to sit down, I gladly collapsed into an armchair. 

"Do you remember last December, when Kristopher went missing?" She asked me

I nodded

"Clair fell apart" I said "I couldnt see why, he had always been an ass to her"

"Because she loved him" Aradia told me "She always had, and he loved her, he just couldnt admit it to himself"

"Well that did them both a lot of good" I muttered "They broke up"

Aradia sat up, shocked

"What?" She exclaimed 

"He was being a jerk" I shrugged "So she dumped" 

"B-but i dont understand" Aradia whispered, her bottom lip trembling "They are meant to be together"

"Yeah well right now they are toast" I said hottily "So how did Kris get turned into a doll?"

Just then the door to the library burst open and enter wood boy, only not so wood. He was dressed in dark grey pants, with black boots that reached his knee's and a white tunic shirt,  had to admit the boy did look good, if only it werent for the grim look in his eyes.  He really did look like a prince, but he also looked older, much older, and grim.

"Im ready to go" he announced "Liam and i will be heading out shortly"

So fast i could hardley believe it, Aradia was up and in Kristophers face, he took a startled step back, instinctevly placing his hand on the hilt of his sword. 

"You had sworn that you had changed" She snarled "Thats the only way the spell could have broken"

"I have" Kris said, fear creeping into his expression "You know i have"

"Then why are you not with the princess" Aradia hissed "Why were you not there when she dissapeared?"

Kris opened his mouth and then shut it, and then opened it, and then shut it again. He was completely lost for words.

"Did you hurt her Kristopher?" Aradia demanded "Did you break her heart?"

"I-" Kristopher began to speak but then he seemed to diflate, his brilliant blue eyes cast down to the floor and his shoulders slumped "I didnt mean to, it was an accident. I lost my way, as payment i lost her"

Aradia reached out, cupping the side of Kristophers face with her pale, slender hand. He looked into her eyes then, his eyes unbearibly sad and glimmering with unshed tears.

"Find her" Aradia said "She is the most vauluble thing in this world, in both your worlds. Protect her, salvage her heart, protect that to"

"What if i cant?" Kristopher murmered "What if the damage is just to much"

Aradia's once cold expression was now soft and loving, she smiled sadly at him

"Dear prince" She said "You are her soulmate, it was her love for you that brought you back from the dead. Use that love for each other to find her and make things right"

She leaned in and kissed him square on the lips then, causing my jaw to drop and Kristopher to close his eyes. When they broke apart and Kristopher opened his eyes. I took a step back and gasped. His ocean blue eyes seemed to glow before turning pure black and then their normal blue once again. 

"I have given you a gift" Aradia said "Clair is a very supernatural being, her anger alone could kill you, if for any reason she is threatened you will need to protect her and yourself. You are faster, stronger, all your senses are heightened. The ultimate tracker"

"Like a vampire?" I burted out

Aradia turned to me and smiled a dazzling smile.

"No darling" she said "He does not need to feed on blood to survive, these are gifts"

She turned back to Kristopher and her expression turned sober.

"You must be careful" She warned "Rog is very powerful now, he has harnessed energy from somewhere that i do not know. He was powerful enough to get to your world without Claire, he could kill you, or worst, turn you back into a nutcracker, and unlike my spell, he will be the only one who can reverse it"

Kristopher's face paled, i didnt know why. But unlike most of the time, i was smart enough to keep my mouth shut.

"understood" He said "Liam and i will head out right away"

"Now hold up" I said, stepping up "You are not going anywhere without  me"

Kristopher sighed and roled his eyes

"Its to dangerous" He said "You will slow us down, you need to stay here where you are protected"

"Im not going to sit here on my ass while you are out saving the day, listen golden boy, either you take me with you or im going to go out on my own"

"Thats insane" Kristopher said "you have no idea what your getting yourself into, you could be killed"

"not if im with you" I said "Come on Kris, just let me come. Please"

I knew he was going to shut me down again. My heart was already falling, i didnt want to be left behind, not in this strange world.  I was surprised when Aradia stepped up and placed her hand on my shoulder.

"She will go with you" She said sternly "You are now her warrior, she will not leave your side, you will protect her as well as the princess at all times"

"What!" Kristopher exclaimed "How do you expect me to protect her, myself, and Claire all at the same time?"

Aradia smiled

"You are a very gifted young man Nutcracker" She said "You will find a way"

I smirked, i win.