C H A P T E R 4 (EDITED)

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

THE CLOCK

(filler chapter, related to the plot)

I've always believed in this cycle. It has always repeated itself every day. It had happened so many times in my life that I am convinced that it is true.

I called it, The Clock.

Every time I felt happy, later on, I would experience something--making me sad, mad, or basically replacing the feeling of joy and happiness.

Then sometimes it would be the exact opposite. Every time I went through pain, sorrow, or anger, happiness and joy would replace it in time.

The thing is, that barely happens to me.

It was always pain after joy. Even if the pain did come first, the joy after wasn't enough for you. It's like happiness wasn't made for me.

The time that was left on that clock right after that immense feeling would be the time that you would experience the "aftershock". Or in my situation, the after pain. 

And sometimes the time would extend. The after feeling could go on for days, months, or even years. The little hand and long hand would just keep turning and turning until someone stops it.

That someone.

That someone that would actually make you happy for a long time. Extending the time of happiness. Or maybe that someone was there to just adjust everything, adjust you, make that cycle different, change the time, then sooner or later, puts you back on that wall, letting you do it by yourself.

They left the change that they had done to you and let you stay like that until the end or until someone comes back to make another adjustment to the mistakes that someone did.

But there are instances where that someone doesn't come. Doesn't adjust you and you are left with the wrong time, with the wrong pace.

You were just left with living the life that could've been adjusted and fixed.
You stay like that until the battery dies. Until the motivation and life in you runs out and you end up stuck.

The clock's hands turn round and round as if it would never end. They move painfully slow. And then you end up thinking everything would come to an end sooner or later.

Thinking that you have no choice but to go through everything so
painstakingly slow until it ends.

But before all of that could end, you only wished for one thing. One thing you knew you would never experience constantly before the clock stops.

Happiness...

You just wanted it to go on forever. But of course, life doesn't work that way. You can't control life, life controls you. Or maybe that's just my experience with things.

All you have to do was endure it.

Until the clock stops...