♡ Forever Is A Long Time ♡

•••Chapter 1•••

"Forever is a long time, I'm not gonna lie. Is that a promise you can make?"

••••••••••

Why must we as humans crave torture & self destruction?

Why can't we just accept the life were meant to live and just be happy? These are questions that even today I don't know the answer to. All I can think about these days is how lucky I am to finally be free from the troubles of life.

"Alexis! Come here!" I quickly ended my thoughts. I ran over to Kian, he was standing on the edge of the dock, peeking into the clear water. I saw small fish swimming, they looked so peaceful & free. The sand around us was a soft pink with tan rocks everywhere you looked.

"What kian?" I said as I wrapped my arms around his waist. He was wearing my favorite flannel of his & his cologne was beyond perfection.

"Can I ask you a question?" I nodded my head cheerfully and he spun me around, my dress twirled around in the soft summer wind. He dropped to one knee quickly.

"Alexis I've loved you forever, ever since we were little, I might not have known it at first, but I'll be damned if I let someone else take you away from me. You are my everything and I just have to ask, will you marry me?" Tears welled up in my eyes, and blurred my vision, I nodded my head unable to utter the word 'yes' I wanted to so dearly. I nodded my head more rapidly and continued to cry.

He picked me up and spun me around, my tears blinded me from the worlds revolving quickly around me. I didn't need to see the world. When my world was holding me at this very moment in time. I felt free.

And that's when I knew, after all this torture, there would be reward.

Hi, my name is Alexis, Alexis Baker to be specific. Well, I'm going to be Alexis Lawley. How you might ask? Well, that's what I'm going to tell you!

But, before I do, let me give a little background information. Me & Kian have been together since we were sixteen & have known each other since kindergarten. Now we're 23, and we didn't always like each other.

As for my personal information, I'm 5'5" blonde hair & blue eyes. I'm average weight I guess. I also tend to say everything that's on my mind. I think out loud a lot, and by a lot I do mean all the time. Which is also one of the reasons my life was shit all the time.

I never really mean to say things like I do, I'm just a really honest person I guess. However, it's not always a good thing ya know.

Sometimes the things we can control get the better of us.

Let me warn you before I tell you this little fairy tale that has slightly gone wrong, I get off topic very very very quickly so you've been warned.

*•~Authors Note~•*

I hope you liked chapter one! Sorry it's so short, however the chapters in this book will be much longer! Please leave a comment & vote!

-- margaret