2: The Only Choice

Saturday Morning.I just finished packing my bags but then a knock was on my door. It's Paige, I owe her my respect. She's been our family maid for years now.

"Are you really leaving?" She entered the room and sat down the bed.

"Yes. There's more for me out there." I smiled at her.

"Two weeks after your father's burial? And who's going to face all the problems out here, now that your father is gone the rebels will burn down this place." She stood up and explained the things that might happen.

"Shame on this family's greed." I spat and she covered her mouth in shock.

Our family has been handing down this family treasure, and I don't even know what it's like or why they're fighting about it. It's the only thing that makes us superior. A lot of people are suffering in poverty, and only few people are provided with basic needs.

The High Class, we're part of it. Because of the High Class's superiority, the Low Classes were isolated and anyone who comes in our territory for trouble will face his own consequence.

She recovered herself and I replied to her again. "-Levi is present. I mean he's the right guy for father's throne."

If only they stopped things 30 years ago. The punishments are becoming worse, I don't have the capabilities to make this any better.

"It's not the right time, Ms. Eleanor. I believe you know how your beloved father died." I looked away from her, and silence took over the room.

"He was murdered, by the horrible low classes outside. And that could happen to you too, they know you're vulnerable!"

"If my father didn't take you from the streets then you'd be part of the horrible low classes too."

"-Pardon me." I opened the door and walked wherever these heels may take me. Who knew being the president's daughter was complicated. The faster I walked the more difficult it is to wear these heels. Until it reached the part where my feet are starting to get sore.

I cursed in pain, I hate these long corridors, I hate this mansion, I hate everything. I hate my life.

I could no longer walk, and so I stopped by the huge window. Overlooking the dump my father calls his 'achievements'. No wonder the people killed him, he was a huge asshole.

"Ma'am may I help you?" A security guard notices me.

"I'm alright." He scurried off and I continued sitting peculiarly. Wait. I could ask Levi what to do.

I took my heels off and ran free in the black carpets. The color of this mansion never changed from black, gray and white. So did the society, black smoke, gray skyscrapers and the petty white lies.

Levi has his own office in the mansion, his family and mine have been partners for a long, long time. "Gen. Levi Wilson" I read the laminated label outside the door. I constantly have to remind myself that he's already a general, not just plain old Levi who pranks on the staff. I knocked on the hard black door.

"Come in!" He shouted from the room. My bare feet reacted from the cold tiles.

"It's El." The gray wall flipped open, and he went out with champagne and two wine glasses in his hands and I crossed my arms on my chest. His room is wide, the gray wall separates his office from the guests outside.

"CCTV's were invented you know. Where are your shoes Ms. Calder?" It's a shame I hadn't put them on, he's dressed formally. Typical him with his suit and tie, swept hair and black shoes.

"They are a bit of a pain in the ass." He laughs gesturing me to sit down. We sat next to each other, just inches away.

"Why are you taking these out?"

"You said you were leaving, not all goodbyes are bad, aren't they?" he pours out the champagne on the glass, suddenly he looks up to me with his blue eyes. "Why would you leave, you have a comfortable place, steady life. What else would you want?" 

I looked down beginning to ask my conscience once again, only Levi has the power to get inside my brain— not literally, but it's almost like he is the only one with access to my life. Why would I go out of this awful slum? I know there is danger out there, but I don't want to end up as the 'girl whose career ended because her daddy is dead'. 

I gathered myself back, "I have a fashion career, you know that Levi. Besides, I can't get over my father's death." I tried to hide the lie by sipping on the fancy champagne.

With one click on his remote, the black bricks pixelized and it turned into Phlaur's skyline. Everything pretty much looks the same except for the clear air and clean streets. The power of Technology. "Don't leave." he pleas. 

"It's the only choice." I whispered, my attention still stuck on the skyline. 

"How ironic." I was surprised when his lips meet mine. His hands gave a tight squeeze allowing my body to feel the sensation, he stopped the kiss. "I'm sorry I've been wanting to do that for years now. I hope you find your own direction, just keep yourself safe from the low classes."

I still felt stunned, he's brave. And I should be brave like him too.

I never expected him to support my ideas, but now that I feel sure about my choices nothing can stop me now.

(Author's Note :3 Audrey is back!! If you reached this part of the story thank you for enduring the crapness of my writings :) The idea of this book sparked during summer but then I was afraid I couldn't juggle two stories at once. I hope when I write my first book I won't have a mental block. Ookay now for the awesome books that are on my list.

-The After Series and Before by imaginator1d

-Fate's Game and Verdict of the Heart by Aaaccchhhoocuti (The Hobbit)

-1000 Ways on How to Annoy People by AussiesxLilxPenguin5

-Opal High by angenlicamayyy

-Signed by kittymadeleigh

-Beyond by nouhazzayne

-Finding the Right Guy by caroline_75113

-Finally Adopted and One Direction Preferences by vintagezayn

-RENAIESSE by cutrawrmiks 

Please do read them, they are cool and you'll totally enjoy them.

                                                                                                                        -Audirectioner1Dxx)