7: Redeem

Dark. "Have a seat." Louis says in a moderate voice.

"Where are we?" I asked worriedly while sitting on the chair in the booth he gestured at "Welcome to the Pub. Specifically, we are in Drexil right now." What in the world.

Calix leans forward on the table and says, "They can't see us, nor hear us. But we are currently occupying this area, if anyone is about to sit in here don't overreact. Screaming will break the barrier that makes us only an illusion."

"So you mean to tell me we aren't actually in the Pub. Then why bother transporting, for the décor? What a waste of time." My fingers tapped on the table, they have got to be stupid.

"No smartass, we're in the bloody Inbetween. The reason why we transported was so that we'll be secluded. And I'm sorry I didn't take us to the Bermuda Triangle." Oh, Louis sassed me off.

"We wouldn't be in this situation if you behaved yourself a while ago."

"Go straight to the point, what's the real business?" I"m a little bit embarrassed, and the air is full of tension.

I don't want them spreading things about me bringing their salvation when I myself, have no idea whatsoever of what to do.
"We need you to help us find the Kronic, and save our world today."

What in the world is a Kronic? And how is it supposed to save the our planet?

"What's a Kronic?"
Calix laid out a sheet of paper on the table, with some sketches on it. Sketches of luxurious looking devices, including a watch with the same diamond design my pendant has. The Xilac and the Pixures are there too.
"This, this is the Kronic." his index finger pointed on the watch. "This can bring any body within the reach of it's circumference back to a certain era, changing the chronological order. Once you're transported, you can't come back to the era you are supposed to be, forcing you to exist on that period of time." Not really sure how to feel about that, it makes me want to shout and break that barrier so I can escape this. If they didn't involve me on this 'quest' I would've been fulfilling my dreams. Yet disappointing the nomads would make me feel a little bit guilty.

"Why would you need me to find this 'Kronic', I don't even know where it is."I started laughing, hoping it would bring a little humor to this senseless situation but all of them held serious faces. It took me time to regain my poise and sanity.

Just in time for a fist to pound on the table "Stop making this a joke. At some point everyone will die in poverty and the leaders, who only want power, will have a war soon and it just might end humanity." Calix gritted through his teeth and his hands almost crumples the piece of paper. Louis had to calm him down. I see, the barrier does ripple, our cover would've been blown.

"Well what am I supposed to do then? Just find this?" Trying my best to cooperate, I stole the paper from his grip.

I am aware that I barely know these people but I know they are right. If there's anything I hate so much, it's the High Class and being in it.

I breathed out an exasperated sigh before speaking "Honestly, how am I going to find this without having single clue."

Louis looked at me in the eyes, something about his features make it hard to know what he's thinking. "Your father told me, you have the clue."

I never even had that much contact with my father, it's impossible. I remember the only time he'd talk to me was if he reprimands me whenever I wander around.

"We didn't talk much. And I believe you haven't even met him personally." I guess I'm not the only one who makes horrible jokes, I mean, he's a low class. My father would never connect to one, he can barely even stand listening to the news about them.

"Yes I have." his jaw tensed as if insulted. All energy of asking him about my father is long gone. "Think. What were his last words to you before he died?"

"It's harder than you think."

"You're not even trying!" Calix from the side remarks, he's like some temperemental child the whole time.

Okay, I'll try to backtrack. "Give me some time to remember."

I never heard a single I love you from him, and that was hard for me for a lifetime but it made it easier to let go.

Now when's the last time I met him?
My eyes shut in focus and the first thing that went in was the image of wine.
Waiters walked around the place, setting up the table for the Leader's Buffet. My father sitting on one end of the cross-shaped table. I, on the left and our counselor, Jeanne Gray, on the right.

I held no conversation, at all except talk to Levi beside me, who is dressed in his typical attire. I on the other hand wore something first worn, but I can't focus on that. Curses.

The only time I could catch up to their conversation was whenever they would boistorously laugh and nearly destroy the arrangement on the table. "Ezekiel our world is truly hopeless. All of us, High Classes just need to survive and build the better world." Selfish assholes.

"Yes, yes it is." he takes a sip on his glass of wine. I knew I felt uncomfortable on that moment, it's almost as if their arrogance itches my skin. "Father, I'll excuse myself." I said to him.

Usually, he would just nod and leave me be, but he grasped on my hand and whispered "Two ends." and my brows furrowed in confusion.

I happen to meet the waiter and asked him where the loo is. "Just walk straight to that wall" He pointed.

I walked towards the wall he told me with no care at all of what my father whispered, it does not even make sense. When I saw the black and white bricks part, there were two ways. Maybe that's what it meant, two ends. But obviously I am a woman so I chose the-gah! Forget it!

The words aren't much of a help at all but they asked for the last words."Two ends." I spoke to myself and opened my eyes. But in what felt like nanoseconds, some alarm started to sound. And I looked around the barrier, it began breaking like they said.

"Stop that." Calix repeatedly taps on his remote "They're here, Lou I thought you got all the terakts!"

"I did." He seems just as paranoid as I am. "Who are they?" I began to ask before he hurriedly brought me under the table, Calix doing the same.

"Not now." He says with authority. The people in the pub, began making way from the entrance. And men in black outfits, Phlaur's uniform enter. A familiar blonde haired man walks and searches the area.

Levi.

"It's close. Cal how long till we can transport somewhere else."

"Just. A. Few." The light taps began hard pounds.

"It's okay, I can speak to him. He's my friend, he'll understand." The barrier slowly flows down in disappearance. The place is dark and I'm thankful I won't be seen as a fool.

"No, you can't." Oh he did not just say that. If there's anyone I shouldn't be with it's you, you kidnapping prick. Before you know it I'm moving out of the table, but he grabbed me back.

"Let me go." I grunted. Instead of doing what I said he pulled me into his chest and, his long arms grabbed a towel from above and covered my stubborn mouth. "Cal do it now." He ordered.

"It won't do it." The sound of his continuous pounds are bugging me. In my peripheral vision the barriers are completely down and the men are walking remotely close to us.

"Now!" He shouted and I was pulled back by some force. Knocking my head on what seems like a table's leg.