6: The Nomads

-Voom-

"Ugh!" We fell on our stomachs, unto some hard mattress. I feel a bit of pain in my breast, the impact was strong enough to make me hiss. Normally any woman would feel it, I wish I just fell the other way around.

"Now that is why you should not transport with that position." Calix remarked.

"You could've told me! A-and he brought me down with him." If I continue to lie down they will think me weak, so I stood up and brushed my clothes.

The leader walked very fast towards a passage way, covered with a sheet of black silk. It was hard to keep up alright, "Where are we headed?"

"If you want to survive it's best to keep your mouth shut." He said.

My hands fisted at the way he spoke to me, "If you want to carry me along the way, you better and must address me as Ms. Callister." Who does he think he is.

"Eleanor." He cocked a brow and pushed the curtains aside. He is infuriating. Behind me Calix makes gagging noises and it'll only take me a second to smash his head in this brick wall, hard. Real hard.

I followed him and entered a room, with more or less a hundred people. Children, women, men all wearing the same greasy outfit as theirs. All eyes are on us and a mother had to shush her baby.

"Nomads, from this moment on. We will be free from the bonds of slavery and injustice." The space was silent and their face all hold a serious expression. I stand beside the talking leader and scanned the place.

"Lou, should we explain" Calix tried to tell him something but he cut him off "They can't know about it."

Lou, Louis.

Calix let out an exasperated sigh and went back to his place. I see, he wants to liberate his people into a just and fair world. But what do I have to do with all this, I'm just the president's daughter. I can't magically make all of these change. But realitively speaking, it would be hard to convince the leaders to stop this from going on. "She, she will be the gate to our freedom." Louis held my hand and raised it up, like when you win some sort of event. They all moved their eyes on me, some women looked teary eyed- of happiness I believe. Everyone cheered, some kids were overjoyed to the extent of banging kitchen pans.

But I don't understand.

I looked at him, silently pleading to stop giving these people false hope. Once they figure out I'm the president's daughter they will lose it, I can picture a riot with majority of the people wanting to rip my head off.

"We will try, to speak to the High Class body and make an agreement through her." No, that can't happen. There's hardly even a chance that they'd listen to me. We have an interdependent relationship yet I know all the leaders will have a negative reaction to this, it might even cause war.

"Will you? Will you save us from this terrible living?" The woman held her infant closely to her chest and questions me. I can't do this.

"I cannot assure all of you. But I will do the best that I could to make it happen." I regret saying that, makes me sound like my father, with his fingers crossed behind.
I expected all of them to be disappointed at me, angry even. But the woman who asked me just gleamed and mouthed "thank you."

"We'll be on a quest to not only save Hyzle, but also the whole world. If a war may come, it's best we be prepared." Louis spoke loud enough for everyone to hear, and all of them tapped twice at their chests "To die with great purpose."

Everyone carried on, I was curious as to why he is leader. There are far more, older, wiser, and even muscled men. How? Then all of a sudden a hand finds its way in mine, not romantically but in a harsh manner, speaking of the devil.

He dragged me into a random brick wall and Calix clicked his remote, cue the same interesting sound. Then loud music thrummed in the... room.

We were transported into another place, somewhere cleaner and more club-looking. Black and white walls, with booths everywhere, and a bar at the corner. The atmosphere changed so quickly it made my head ache.