-20- The great love (last chapter)

Zhan and Yibo sat together at the kitchen table and looked at the pictures of their wedding again. They have been doing this once a month for five years.

When they said yes to each other five years ago, it had been the best day of their lives and they always remember it with pleasure.

They all flew together to Italy, where they said yes to each other at the registry office and from then on they were officially considered as married. A few days later they celebrated with all their friends, relatives, teachers and the principal in the school garden. They had a real ceremony and afterwards they all celebrated together.

And they never regretted even a single moment of having married so early in their relationship. Whenever you ask them if they would act the same way now as they did then, and marry so young, they always answer with a proud and honest, Yes, we would.

After the two of them finished school, they flew to Italy for their honeymoon, where they spent three full weeks and still saw only little of this beautiful country, since they spent most of their time in bed.

When the two came back from their honeymoon, they started to study. Both enrolled at the same university and were accepted there. They studied business administration and did their internship at Yibo's father's company.

And after they successfully graduated from university, Yibo's father put them in charge of one of his smaller companies. In which they still work today and successfully run it. And as soon as they feel ready, they will take over the management of a bigger company. But they still want to stay in their current company.

Among the employees at their company are the parents of Emily Qin. Both have got their lives back on track and are still grateful for the chance they got from Yibo's father.

Emily Qin was sent to the military school after negotiating some of the conditions that were set. She tried the same trick as in Beijing. Only, she couldn't get away with it there. She learned to obey and follow orders the hard way.

And since one of the conditions was that she had to join the military for at least eight years after graduating from school, she couldn't just come home again. In the military she was able to study and finally found her true love in a sergeant. But before he was willing to get involved with her, she had to work very hard on herself.

Finally, she could win his heart for herself and almost a year ago, the two got married. Her husband has her very well under control and knows how to handle her when she once again lets her old self hang out. It usually doesn't take long before her husband has her under control again. At the moment they are thinking about having children, but since both are still committed to the military, they want to wait.

Yibo's brother Hai Kuan finally found his great love, too. And in the end it was Zoey Meng, as his parents had wished for. The two spent a lot of time together and at some point the spark ignited in them, too, and their friendship became more than that.

Three years ago they both said yes to each other and at the moment they are expecting their second child. The first word of their daughter, who is now one year old, was, brother! And that is exactly what she will get. A little brother.

Zhan's parents moved into Yibo's family house. They live there now as one big family. They both still work for Yibo's parents and want it to stay that way. They love their jobs and enjoy working for the Wang's.

Yibo's parents are crazy about Zhan. They love their son-in-law and especially sometimes they fight with Yibo when they want to have Zhan too much for themselves. Yibo then keeps reminding them that Zhan is his husband.

Yibo himself says that meanwhile he can't put into words how much he loves Zhan and how happy he is. Sometimes when Zhan sees one or the other employee trying to flirt with Yibo, Zhan jumps up and chases them away, saying: "Yibo is mine. Get your own boyfriend." These are always moments when Yibo could just kiss Zhan. Because these little moments of jealousy prove to Yibo again and again how much Zhan loves him.

But Yibo is also jealous from time to time. When Zhan had an assistant for three months last year, and he followed Zhan everywhere like a puppy in love, Yibo had become so jealous that he yelled loudly in the office: "If you don't keep at least one and a half meters distance from my husband from now on, I will show you where the door is, personally."

But all in all, their marriage is very harmonious and loving. In between there are sometimes small quarrels, but these are never serious and mostly both have to laugh immediately.

Yibo's grandma recently asked the two of them if they would like to start their own family. But both said immediately that they are still much too young for that. With only 23 years of age, they still have plenty of time and want to enjoy their life and their togetherness a little before they even start thinking about having a child.

Although they are together 24 hours a day, they don't mind. They do not argue or feel annoyed by each other. They enjoy being together every day. And at least once a month the two of them travel for the weekend and spend a few nice hours and days in the seclusion of a mountain hut that belongs to the family.

Recently, a reporter came to visit them at the company and interviewed them. She asked Zhan, "How did you two meet?"

Zhan smiled and looked at Yibo, then said, "We went to the same school. We were schoolmates. And when we went to the same class, we were classmates and friends, a couple and fiancées and finally we were married."

"And you did all this while we were in school?"

"Yes, exactly." Zhan replied, remembering with a smile the time when Yibo decided he and Zhan should be friends. At that time, Zhan wondered if it was normal for Yibo not to ask, but simply to decide. And soon after he found out it. On the day Yibo confessed his feelings to him.

He said to Zhan, "I really wanted to get to know you better and so I had to come up with something. And the only thing that came to my mind was that we had to become friends. So I decided, whether you like it or not, you will be my friend and that way I will get to know you better and we will be able to get closer to each other in this way. I would have done anything to be even a little bit closer to you."

When Zhan heard this from Yibo, he had decided to put aside any remaining worries and believe and trust in Yibo. And to this day, he has never regretted it.

Zhan has many memories of that time. Be it his bad start at school and that only because he accidentally threw water over Yibo on his first day. The first slap in the face in his life, which Emily gave him, or being forced into a friendship with the person from whom he expected it the least.

When he thought about the past and how Yibo had behaved towards him when the two became friends, then he had to wonder about himself, that he didn't understand at that time, that Yibo had already been in love with. But back then, Zhan was still very young and inexperienced. He was in love for the first time, was under constant pressure at school because of Emily and had to deal with his own feelings for Yibo.

Today, more than five years later, he often has to laugh when he thinks about that time. Because back then he had hoped to find some friends. He never expected to find his great love in his schoolmate, of all people. And meanwhile he doesn't care anymore, if he and Yibo have passed one, two or all three exams for their relationship. Because he knows that no matter what comes, he and Yibo will stick together and will do everything together. And besides, grandmothers don't always know everything.

End

This short story ends here and I hope I could entertain you a bit with it. I wrote it within 48 hours, so if anything is unclear, missing or overlooked. Don't hold it against me. :)