-19- Give me one day

There are only four weeks left until the wedding of Zhan and Yibo, and the two are already so excited and nervous that they can hardly wait. Yibo has even made a calendar at home, on which he marks off the days until the wedding.

Two days ago the two of them were able to pick up their wedding suits from the tailor. Yibo jokingly said that Zhan had to wear a white suit because he was the bride after all. Then Zhan put a veil on him and laughingly asked him: "And who is now the bride?" And their mothers immediately joined in, looking for matching jewels for Yibo's veil.

Since Emily Qin was expelled from school, the life of the two newly in love and almost married couple had become much calmer. Zhan walked to school much more relaxed and somehow the dark cloud that seemed to be over the school and enveloping it in darkness seemed to have gone with Emily Qin. Everything seemed brighter and friendlier.

Yibo's father was still looking for a school for Emily, which turned out to be harder than initially thought. Because wherever he sent her school file, or at least a copy of it, he received a refusal shortly after. Only a military school would be willing to accept her. But they have some conditions that they still have to negotiate.

Yibo's father had offered Emily's parents a job in one of his companies and they accepted the offer with great pleasure. They work hard every day and are happy that they got a chance. Because there were no other companies that wanted to hire them. So they worked part-time in a small supermarket where the salary was not enough.

Yibo's father had also found them a new apartment. Because he also thought that the two have suffered enough and still suffer enough under their daughter.

Since Emily was expelled from school and they haven't found a new school for her yet, she hangs around at home most of the time, or lurks around in front of the school grounds and verbally abuses the students who come and go. Again and again the security chased her away, but it usually didn't take long until she was back.

A few days ago Zhan was caught by her when he wanted to go to the supermarket across the street to buy something to drink. She held Zhan up and asked him to listen to her briefly. Zhan didn't want to at first, but then gave in when Emily pretended to cry. Of course he knew right away that she was only pretending, but he wanted to see what she had to say.

"Xiao Zhan, I know I was unfair to you, and I'm sorry for that. I went too far. I understand now that Yibo loves you and not me and that he wants to be with you."

"OK, so?"

"Could you still do me a favor?"

" Which one?"

"Give me one day with Yibo. Just one day, that's all I ask.

"No."

"Come on Zhan, just one day."

"No!"

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want it. Yibo is my fiancé and we are getting married in a month. I would never allow you to spend a day alone with him."

"Don't be like this. I'm not asking for much. Just give me one day."

"No means no! Yibo is mine, and you keep your hands off him. I don't want you anywhere near him."

"Are you jealous?"

"My ZhanZhan doesn't have to be jealous. Because I give him no reason to be jealous. And even if ZhanZhan agrees and says yes to your plea, I'm against it and I won't do it." Told Yibo, he was going to go see where Zhan was.

"Yibo, we're only talking about one day. You can let me have that much, right?"

"You're out of your mind. Like I'm gonna let you lay your filthy hands on my fiancé. You think I'm stupid enough to believe that you' re not up to something? You'd probably secretly drug him and then try to jump on him. Forget it. Yibo is mine, mine alone!" Shouted Zhan loudly.

Yibo looked at him astonished and happily. "ZhanZhan my love, I didn't expect you to be so tough."

"I don't think she understands otherwise. When will she understand that you're mine?"

"Calm down, ZhanZhan. I'm yours, and that's not going to change. Don't let her bother you." Said Yibo and kissed Zhan on the cheek. He was afraid that Zhan would get too upset and this could harm his heart.

In the last few weeks, his brother examined him once a week and was always amazed at how well Zhan's heart has been, since he and Yibo have been a couple. And Yibo did not want this to change again. Because he planned to spend the rest of his life with Zhan and not end up as a sad young widower.

Yibo took Zhan by the hand and went with him to the supermarket where they bought something to drink and then went back together. When they passed Emily again, Zhan paused briefly, looked deep into her eyes and said, "Just so you know. I've been living with Yibo for a month and just so you don't forget, in a month we're getting married. And you morally degenerate idiot, you're gonna have to live with that."

Yibo looked at Zhan with big eyes and open mouth. "ZhanZhan what was that? Are you trying to hurt her?"

"Me? No, what makes you think that? I just wanted her to know where she stands."

"Ha-ha, I love you just more for that, ZhanZhan." Yibo hugged and kissed Zhan. While Emily stared at them furiously.

When they came home after school, Yibo immediately told everyone how Zhan, Emily explained where she stood "He looked her straight in the eye and told her that, it was so awesome. I never thought Zhan could say something so mean to someone. Emily looked completely horrified." Yibo proudly declared.

"Well, Zhan, I guess you're starting to get a little bit of Yibo." Said Yibo's father with a laugh.

"This is my son-in-law. I am so proud of you, Zhan." Said Yibo's mother.

Zhan defended himself by defending what was his. And he just wanted to make her understand where her place was. He was a little embarrassed. But Yibo almost burst with pride.

And later, when Zhan thought again about the incident with Emily, he had been proud of himself somehow. And then he wasn't embarrassed anymore. And he was honest enough to admit to himself that he just wanted to hurt Emily. He wasn't just trying to show her where her place is. He wanted to hurt her like she hurt him and Yibo.

Yibo also thought about it again and then said to Zhan with a grin: "That was the most beautiful declaration of love I have ever received. Yibo is mine, mine alone. It was so gorgeous and so beautiful at the same time. I'll remember that for the rest of my life." Yibo took Zhan in his arms and kissed him. "Thank you for loving me so much, ZhanZhan." He added after the kiss.