-13- Intransigent

-13- Intransigent

POV Zhan's mother

Zhan's mother had tried to talk to her husband about Zhan the same evening and, as she suspected, he remained stubborn. For him homosexuality is like a disease and anything but normal. At least he said nothing to the contrary.

He even became so angry that she was afraid he would go completely crazy at any moment and maybe hit her.

Tired and annoyed she drove to work in the morning and met Yibo again in the kitchen. She looked at him and saw that he must have cried all night. His parents were so worried about him that they kept him at home for two weeks and did not send him to school. When Yibo saw her, he wiped his tears from his face and left the kitchen, it almost broke her heart. Because she could well imagine how much her sensitive Zhan was suffering right now.

After she prepares the family breakfast. Zhan's mother had baked Zhan's favorite cookies. She asked The Landlady if she could bring them to Yibo and Yibo's mother allowed it.

She knocked on Yibo's room door and entered the room. Yibo lay in his bed, his face pressed into one of the pillows and sobbed softly. She could hardly look at it, it hurt her so much to see him suffer so much.

Zhan's mother sat down next to Yibo, stroked his shoulder and said, "Hey, you should eat something. I baked you Zhan's favorite cookies. Maybe you'll like them."

Yibo pulled his head up and looked at her questioningly. "Zhan?" She nodded and told him that she' s Zhan's mother.

"Where is ZhanZhan now?" Wanted to know Yibo and Zhan's mother thought it was cute that Yibo call him ZhanZhan.

She smiled and replied, "Right now he's in the States with relatives. But I'm trying to persuade Zhan's father to let him come back home."

Yibo's eyes widened and Zhan's mother could see something in his eyes that seemed like a small spark of hope. She stroked Yibo over his cheek and said, "I'm sorry we just sent Zhan away. We didn't know how important you were to each other." It was still hard for her to call this love, but she was willing to accept it as that.

Yibo sat up and tried one of the cookies. He laughed softly and said, "No wonder Zhan likes them. They're very sweet." Then he ate the rest of his cookie and picked up another one.

And while Yibo ate one cookie after another, even though he wasn't really into sweets, he asked Zhan's mother many questions about Zhan's childhood and also about his heart disease. "Is he okay right now? What about his heart? Can he handle so much stress?" And also questions like, "Do you think he thinks about me sometimes? Do you think maybe he misses me too? Do you think he's eating and drinking enough?"

Zhan's mother soon realized how worried Yibo was about her son's well-being and how much he missed Zhan. And somehow she could understand why Zhan fell in love with him of all people. Yibo is not only a very handsome young man, he is also very mature for his almost eighteen years. And he obviously loves taking care of Zhan.

She told Yibo all about Zhan and answered every question he asked her. But she deliberately left out that Zhan loves him too. Because she wanted to leave that to Zhan himself. He should get the chance himself and confess his feelings to Yibo himself.

Mrs. Wang stood next to the door and listened to them both. She smiled when she heard the stories from Zhan's childhood and she was worried when she heard about his heart disease, but at the same time relieved that Zhan can live with it without any problems. For her it was like listening to the stories about her future son-in-law.

When Mrs. Wang went into the room to join the two of them, she looked Zhan's mother in the eyes and said, we have to get Zhan back. Yibo grabbed Zhan's mother's hands and said, "Yes please. Zhan must come home again."

Zhan's mother explained that her husband is very stubborn and uncompromising and it might be hard to persuade him to let Zhan come home. Then Mrs. Wang said, "Then we should take my husband on board. He'll want to help, and he'll think of something."

"Yes, Mom, and we must think of how I can still get revenge on Emily Qin."

"Son, the Qin's have lost their business, their jobs, even their home. Don't you think they've paid enough?"

"No way! It's Emily's fault and she should suffer for it!"

Since Zhan's mother had no idea what Emily Qin had to do with all this, Yibo told her the whole story and she kept quiet for a moment and then said: "How about you save the big showdown for a while. We'll make sure that Zhan comes back first and you guys reconcile. And then we announce something that has to do with you two. That will shockingly upset her to her core." She almost broke the news to Yibo that Zhan loves him too.

Yibo nodded and smiled. "Okay, let's do it like this."

The three of them then went to Yibo's father's office and told him about their plans. And he already had the right idea how to persuade Zhan's father to bring back his son. He sent the three of them out of his office and picked up the phone. "Mr. Xiao, please come to my office."

POV Yibo's father

"Mr. Xiao, I hear you're very happy at our company."

"Yes, sir, I love working here."

"In return for your tireless work, I would like to offer you a management position."

"Really? Thank you very much, sir."

"But I have one condition."

"And which is it?"

"I'll transfer you to the position of Deputy CEO if you bring your son back and let him be reunited with my son."

"Excuse me? Your son and my son?"

"The truth is, my son has fallen in love with Xiao Zhan and wants to be with him. And I, as his loving father, would like to fulfill his wish. Because my son's happiness is the most important thing to me. If my son is happy, then so am I."

"But they're both boys."

"So? I don't see a problem with that. They could marry in Europe. And if they ever want a child, they can find a surrogate mother. That's not a problem these days."

"But doesn't it bother you that your son isn't normal and doesn't want a wife?"

"Not normal? Why shouldn't it be normal? I don't see anything abnormal about those two. They love each other and just because they were separated so hard, they couldn't even confess their love to each other. I don't care if my son loves a man or a woman, as long as he's happy. So Mr. Xiao, what do you think? Will you accept my offer?"

"May I think about it?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I want to know the answer now. I want to know if your son's happiness is important to you. And if you care, I'm gonna reward you with a great new job as my deputy."

" I, I. All right, OK. My son's happiness is important to me, too. So, yes, I'll bring him back."

Yibo's father knew Mr. Xiao would react like this. Not only because he was eager for the new leadership position. He could see how something in his brain switched when he said it didn't matter who his son loved, the only thing that mattered was that he is happy. At that moment, he knew that Mr. Xiao would agree.

Now all they had to do was bring Xiao Zhan back and give them both the chance to confess their feelings to each other!