Good Enough - Chapter 8

Mick Stanford!  I was literally living a fantasy and I didn't want it to end.  Suddenly he moved on top of me and started kissing down my neck.  I moaned as his lips pressed feather light kisses on my collarbone.  I had kissed a few boys but no one ever made me feel like Mick.  I was falling for this boy, hard.

Suddenly we hear a door slam and we both jump.  Mick scoots across the couch and tries his best to look calm.  I run my fingers through my hair and hope it isn't obvious what we've been doing.  

"Mick, are you here?" I hear a female voice call out.  Mick looks over at me and smiles.  "In here mom!"  My face blazes bright red knowing Mick's mom is about to come into the room we just made out in.  I take deep breaths trying to slow my heart down.

A very pretty lady dressed in a navy blue suit walks in the room.  "There you are, oh hi, I didn't realize you had company.  I'm Betty Stafford, Mick's mom," she said as she smiles at me.  I immediately feel at ease and smile back at her. 

"Hi, I'm Andie.  Mick and I are partnered together for an English project."  

"Oh he told me about you.  It's nice to meet you.  I hope I'm not interrupting."  She looked back to Mick and then to me as she said that.  I can't help but blush again and lower my head and pretend to cough.

Mick chuckles.  "Nope, you're good.  We were just wrapping up.  I need to take Andie home then I'll be back to help you with dinner."  My head shot to Mick.  He wasn't taking me home, my dad was.  He sees my confusion and gives me a wink.  

"Oh that would be great.  Well it's been so nice meeting you Andie.  I hope to see you back here soon."  She gives me a warm smile.  "I'm going to go upstairs and change clothes then I'll meet you down here to start dinner when you get back."  She pats Mick on his arm and walks out of the room.

"I'm supposed to call my dad to come get me Mick," I told him.

He sits back down next to me and pushes some of my hair behind my ear.  "I know but if I take you home, that gives me a few extra minutes to be with you.  I hope you don't mind."  He gives me one of his adorable smiles and I melt.  It seems I've been doing a lot of that lately.  

"Of course I don't mind.  I just hate to put you to the trouble is all."

He shakes his head.  "Andie, Andie, Andie.  It would be more trouble to me if you didn't let me take you home."

A surge of pleasure washes over me at his words and he helps me to my feet.  I gather my stuff and put it into my backpack.  He grabs my hand and we walk out to his car.  After he helps me inside, he runs around to his side and gets in.  I am still in a daze that all of this is actually happening.  Cappie is going to freak.

We drive back to my place in silence as Florence and the Machine sings to us from the stereo.  Every few seconds I catch Mick glancing over at me and after a few minutes, he finally holds my hand.  Some might say things with Mick have progressed rather fast but I'm not complaining.  If I was honest with myself, I'd admit that I've liked Mick Stanford ever since I laid eyes on him freshman year.  Too fast?  Not for me.

We pull up in front of my house and Mick turns off the car.  He turns toward me and smiles.  "Thanks for coming over.  I had a lot of fun."

I blush, again.  This makes him laugh.  That makes me blush more.  

"Not just for that Andie but that was the best part of the afternoon.  You should come over on Saturday so we can work on the project some more."

I am so excited hearing his say this and immediately say yes.  He tells me he'll pick me up at one o' clock and then leans over and kisses me softly on the mouth.  Just as I'm slipping under his spell, he breaks the kiss and caresses my cheek with the back of his hand.

"I'll see you tomorrow Andie.  Have a good night."

"See you tomorrow.  Thanks for the ride home."  I get my backpack and open the car door.  Once I'm out of the car I shut the door and give him a wave.  He waves back then starts the car and drives off.

I slowly walk up my driveway and can't think of anything else but this afternoon, with Mick Stanford.