Good Enough - Chapter 7

STUPID PHONE!!!

Mick pulled back in surprise.  Giving me a look of apology, he took it out of his pocket and looked at the screen.  Seeing the name his eyes darkened and he pushed the button to send it straight to voicemail.

"Sorry about that.  It was Beth.  Her timing couldn't be worse."  

Hearing her name, it zapped all of the excitement I was feeling.  Sighing, I leaned back into the couch and folded my arms.  The moment was broken, to say the least.

I could take her texting me with her silly threats but calling Mick right as he was barely kissing me?  That was too much.  This definitely put me in a mood.

Trying to get over it, I smiled at Mick.  "Don't worry about it.  She has a knack for spoiling things."  I looked at him and was surprised to see the serious look on his face.  What was going on in his head?

"Yeah, she does.  I could throttle her just about now."  He scooted closer to me on the couch.  I wasn't sure what he was doing but I felt another jolt as his thigh brushed mine.

I felt his arm go back around my shoulders and him feeling the bump on my head.  I winced at his touch, it was still really tender.  He noticed and took his hand away.

"Sorry.  I just wanted to see how it was doing.  It hasn't gotten worse thank goodness.  I should have asked you, do you need some Ibuprofen for it?"

I nodded.  "I think that would help yes."

He got right up and was back in a minute with some pills and water.  I took them from him and gulped the pills down.  He sat back down by me as I put the glass on the coffee table.

I smiled.  "Thank you."

"Sorry I didn't think of it sooner.  So listen, my friend is having a party this Friday.  It should be pretty laid back but fun.  I was wondering, um, if you'd like to go to it with me?"

Shock gripped me.  Did I hear him right?  Did he just ask me out?  No, no way.  No way did Mick Stanford just ASK ME OUT!!!

I must have looked like an idiot as he started saying, "If you can't, that's fine.  Or maybe you don't like parties.  If you don't want to go I understand."

"No, I want to go," I said as I finally found my voice.  Wow, he did ask me out!  Cappy was going to die.

He grinned when he heard me.  "You do?  Oh good.  Listen, I really like hanging out with you.  You're  different than the other girls I've hung out with.  I like it."

I felt euphoria course through my veins.  This cannot be happening.  Maybe I took too many Ibuprofen.  Wow.

I tried to keep it cool though.  "I'm glad Mick.  I like hanging out with you too.  And I'm also looking forward to finishing Jane Eyre before you do."  I raised an eyebrow after I said that.

"Oh no you didn't Andie.  You did not just do that again."  He got an evil look in his eye.  Uh oh, I was in for it.  

"Don't tickle me again!," I yelped.  "Remember I'm injured!"

His look softened and he pulled me over to him.  "I know.  I still feel awful about that.  Here, let me kiss it better."  He moved my head so his face was close to the bump.  My heart started pounding as I felt his lips touch my head and give it a gentle kiss.  I was melting inside.  Just then, he turned me to face him and kept his hands on my face.  

"Now, where were we before Beth so rudely interrupted us?," he asked as he leaned down and pressed his lips against mine.

This time, no phone vibrated, there were no interruptions.  It was just me and Mick, and we were actually kissing.

His mouth moved on mine but didn't push.  I tilted my head to the left to get better access to his kiss.  He moved his hand behind my neck and pushed me closer to him.  His other hand stayed on my cheek and he was moving his thumb up and down it.  

His tongue slid along my bottom lip and I completely melted.  With a moan I opened my mouth and his tongue delved inside.  The kiss was no longer gentle, it was heated.  He gently pushed me down on the couch and hovered over me.  Now his hands threaded though my hair as our mouths moved in sync.  He laid down next to me without breaking the kiss and a part of me wondered if he'd ever stop, not that I wanted him to.  There was nowhere I'd rather be, nothing I'd rather be doing.  Mick Stanford was kissing me.

*************************************************************

Ahhh Mick.  Is he cute or what?  I love him!

I know all authors beg this but it helps SO much.  Please fan/comment/vote.  It really gives us even more of the desire to write these stories.  xoxo  Thanks!