Good Enough - Chapter 11

The bell rang, covering the sound of Cappy's shrieks when I told her what happened with Mick. We had been excused from our last class a few minutes early, and she had hunt me down, insisting I tell her right then what had happened.

"So you're meeting him right now? You're going to his house?" she asked, her hand covering her mouth. Her fingernails were painted bright orange and gold, and the sunlight hit them just at the right angle, practically blinding me. 

I turned my eyes, and smiled. "Yes, and I still can't believe he said what he did Cap. This seriously can't be real."

Her hand darted out and grabbed my wrist, stopping me mid-step. "Andie, it's real. This is the best thing ever. It is so so real."

I nodded and kept walking toward my locker. We both groaned when we saw the queen standing next to it, her arms folded and her foot tapping the floor. When she saw us, she took a few steps toward us, anger brewing in her beady eyes.

"May I help you Beth?" I asked, not intimidated in the least.

"What do you want?" Cappy sneered, at the same time.

"Shove off psycho," Beth growled at Cappy, then turned to look at me. "Don't think I don't know you were in Mick's car at lunch. You seriously don't get it do you? BACK OFF! He's mine."

Before I could respond, a strong arm wrapped around my waist, and pulled me into a hard chest. I instantly knew it was Mick. 

"Interesting Beth," he stated calmly. I looked up at him, and saw he was anything but calm. His eyes were blazing. "I think you need to be the one warned to back off. You are crazy. We are not together anymore, and we never will be. I am so done with you. Andie is everything you aren't. So get over your petty jealousy and leave her alone, me too while you're at it. You can go now."

The whole time he was talking to her, she kept her arms folded, and foot tapping. But the more he said, the more her jaw dropped. It was quite entertaining.

"You will regret this Mick Stanford," she seethed. "And you," she turned to me. "This isn't over. I don't care what Mick says, you will pay."

She turned and stormed off, leaving me a bit stunned. She really was the psycho one here. Mick took a step and was in front of me, placing his hands on my shoulders.

"Are you okay?"

Smiling, I nodded, and started to laugh. "Yes I'm fine. She really has issues."

He smiled too, then pulled me into a hug. "You're amazing."

Cappy gave a fake little cough, reminding me she was still there. Mick and I both turned at the same time, and he stuck his hand out to her. "You must be Cappy," he greeted her, a big grin on his face. Cappy actually started to blush, and gave him a little smile.

"The one and only," she chimed.

"Andie's told me all about you. Thank you for taking care of her this morning. I knew right away you're an awesome friend."

"Of course I am," she laughed. "Me and Andie have each others backs."

"That we do," I joined in. "That we do."

********

We were hanging out at Mick's, sitting close to each other on the couch. He had his copy of Jane Eyre open and was reading it to me. My head rested on his shoulder, and he was running his fingers back and forth on my arm. It had me extremely relaxed and almost asleep.

"Andie?"

"Hmm?"

He chuckled. "Did you hear my question?"