Chapter 8 *Preview*

I know I haven't upload in a looong time, and I am sincerly sorry about that!  I was focused on other things.  If you guys keep on reading and commenting, though, I promise that I'll upload quicker!  I was actually inspired to write on this by BriannaHug who actually came on chat and asked me when I was going to upload.  I've been having troubles with writing anything more for this, but I just started writing, and I came up with this little spiel.  I hate to say this, but the more comments I get, the more likely that I'll upload faster. 

Sorry that sounded terrible /:  I promise you I'm not a commenting tyrant haha!  Anyways, enjoy!!!

Chapter 8

                The door to my prison opens with a barely audible squeak.  At least they keep care of their building.  I snort at my idea while slowly sitting up on my bed, backing up to the wall.  “Come,” the guard sneers, walking out of the room.  I sit there frozen, looking at his retreating back.  Go?  Go where?  Am I going to-

                “NOW!” the guard screams, and I scramble up with a small squeak in surprise.  I slowly walk to the door, my bare feet slapping against the floors.  I look around the corner to see the guard standing there impatiently.  “If you don’t follow me now, I’ll make you come,” he warns, and I’m quick to scramble up closer to him.  I hug myself, biting my lip as I stared at my feet as we walk down the cold corridor.  What’s going to happen to me?

                Tears blur my vision, and I quickly blink them away.  No.  I’m not going to cry anymore, I’ve had three days to do that.  I stand straighter, squaring my shoulders and looking ahead instead of the floor all the while taking big gulps of air.  I’m not going just stand there and die like a pitiful child.  If I’m going down, I’ll make sure I’m not alone.  Somehow, someway, I’ll make them pay. 

                “What are you smirking about?” the guard asks suddenly, and I drop my smile.  I didn’t even realize I was smiling!

                “I wasn’t smiling.”           

                “Yes you were, don’t lie to me girl,” he growls, and I can’t help but flinch.

                “I-I, look there’s a cow!” I shout pointing out in the distance at nothing.   His head swishes to the side before glaring back at me mumbling on his breath about some ”crazy chick.”

                I look down, smirking again, trying to muffle my laugh.  Okay, so just pretend to be psycho to get out of things.  Good to know.

                We suddenly stop in front of a pair of thick metal doors.  The guard takes his ID and slides it in the scanner.  The door comes open with a click.  I swallow, my throat feeling precariously dry.  “Uh, where are we going?” I ask, trying to keep my fear from my voice.  I don’t think I’ll like whatever lies behind those doors.

                He smirks over at me, holding the door open wide enough for me to enter.  I stop, gawking with my mouth open at the room.  “Meet the other freaks, freak,” he says creatively making me snort quietly.  I’m going to be defiant… not stupid.

                I blink, as faces swivel my way, and I have to hold in my shriek.  All around me, people stare with scarred eyes and facial features.  One girl’s left eye is drooping too low while the right side of a boy’s mouth falls in an awkward position.  An older man sitting on a chair, his shoulders slumped and hands covering his face.  The long, jagged scar covering half his face is still visible though. The guard behind me laughs, nudging me in the back.  “Get used to it girly, you’ll look like them soon enough.”  I stumble forward, taking in a huge breath, before looking some of the people right in the eyes.  What I see in some of them is worse than the physical characteristics.  Fear.  It’s practically coating their eyes.  Fear, indecision, anxiety, defeat… anger.  And that’s not the worst ones.  Most of the kid’s eyes look hollow, like a skeleton.  It’s as if they’ve already died, and accepted their fate. 

                I swallow my own fear, as I stroll further into the room, biting my lip to keep me from yelling out in rage.  The oldest has to be at the most twenty-one.  The youngest?  She’s in the corner, with her six year old body curled into herself.  She looks up, and her big doe eyes are the worst.  She probably doesn’t know that there’s an outside to this place.  She probably even thinks that this is as good as life gets.  No, her eyes are definitely the worst.  While they should a childish innocence, they hold nothing but morbid acceptance.  God, what did they do to these people?