Chapter 3

//Author's note at the end!//

Chapter 3

            “Oh.  My.  God,” Jaidee screams from the top of her lungs.  I quickly smack my hand over her mouth to keep from waking my parents up.

            “Shush Jaidee; you’re going to wake my parents,” I say quietly as she tries to pry out off my hand.  “Are you going to be quiet?” I ask and she nods while batting her eyes at me.  I sigh and remove my hand just to be tackled on the bed by Jaidee.

            “You guys are going to be together forever!” she scream/yells in my ear while smothering me with a hug.

            “Get off me you freak, I can’t breathe!” I say while her arms loosen from her death grip.           

            “Whoops, sorry!” she says to me while grinning like a fool.  She jumps off the bed onto the ground spinning in circle as I rub my eardrum.  “It’s just that this is going to be so fun to watch!”  I look at her shaking my head.

            “Watch what?” I ask clueless.  Jaidee stops twirling to look at me sadly.

            “She doesn’t even know she’s in love with him,” she says to the large teddy bear on the computer chair.  My eyes grow wide as heat coats my cheeks.

            “I-I’m what?  No, no, no,” I say shaking my head holding out my hands.  “I’ve only known the kid for a day, and so far, he’s a jerk.  Plus, I don’t go for jerks, and you know that.  So why would you get the idea that I like him or even in love with him?” I ask her seriously.

            “Oh come on Izzy!” she screeches getting back on the bed.  “You can’t tell me that he’s not hot!  You also can’t tell me that you don’t have feelings for him,” she says as I purse my lips at her. 

            “If you mean hot headed then I agree and if you mean hatred I also agree on the second part, if not then I’m sorry you’re wrong!” I say crossing my arms.  Her sky eyes still glow with excitement.

            “Fine, then you wouldn’t mind if I asked him out?” she asks giving me a sly grin.  I smile at her knowing what she’s trying to do, and it’s not going to work.

            “Aw, that would be so cute!” I say smiling at her.  She sighs as she flops back on the bed. 

            “Just shut up and go to bed,” she says grumpily.  She hits her hand on the light switch before pulling the covers over her shoulder.  “Lousy best friend that can’t admit her feelings,” she mumbles under her breath making me chuckle.  I slide the black comforter over me as I hit my head against the pillow.  School should be interesting tomorrow, especially with Galen.  Seriously though, Jaidee gets the funniest ideas.  She believes in that whole love at first sight, but for me, if I’m ever going to fall in love, the guy will have to work for it.  It just won’t happen.  Not to mention, I still say there’s something fishy with Galen even if he is incredibly hot.  You know what they say, the hotter they are, the more they’re hiding.

            I roll over, tucking my hand under the pillow and curling my legs towards my chest.  I let out a yawn as sleep over takes me.

~:~

            “Ah!” I hear Jaidee scream.   I sit up immediately looking around drowsily. 

            “What?” I ask her as I find her standing at the end of my bed pointing.