The Tourmaline (boyxboy)

Author: vee_ano

Categories: Adventure, Fantasy, boyxboy

Rating: 9.1

Description:

Shivawn, Prince of Vileria, is tired of the way he's being smothered in his Kingdom and leaves home every day to a magic waterfall, to be free, to be someone else-to be him.

Darius, Prince of Adromena, is more of a rebel and leaves home just to spite his family but then he mistakenly stumbles upon Shivawn and his real reason for being rebellious is forgotten.

The two princes become great friends, despite the fact that their kingdoms were in the middle of a huge war.  But when the war between their kingdoms becomes too great, they decide to take matters into their own hands, both tired of the fighting.

But it might not have been a very smart idea to run away from home, ON THEIR OWN, to find "the Tourmaline," a semi-precious gem rumoured to help create peace where there was war.  Follow these helpless princes on their journey of love and discovery and have a laugh or two-or a heart attack.

Thoughts: This was definitely different from what a usually read when it comes to boyxboy stories.  But I regret nothing.  It was honestly refreshing.  The story is about two princes as they go on this journey for both the jewel and for self-discovery. I love that it doesn't totally focus on romance though.  The major theme I sense is them trying to discover themselves as they go on this long, dangerous journey.  The romance is there, but it's not shoved down your throat.  It's a short story but the author paces it just right so that it is not rushed or anything.  If you got the time, definitely read this one.