Ch 26: A Future Favor (edited)

"Alright folks after that unsuspecting battle outcome, we are now on to our last match of day 2 for the Grand Wizard Games. I hope you're ready to see Sabertooth's Elementina going up against," The cover on the last slot was ripped away to reveal, "Raven Tail's Black Snake!"

"Great now I can get him back for being a dick." Chiyo said cracking her knuckles at the thought. The events with Yukino were pushed to the back of her mind for the time being. What was important now was gaining Sabertooth points and kicking this guy's boney ass. "Hopefully, he doesn't vomit snakes."

"Ugh that guy." Orga groaned, from the Sabertooth box. "It's just going to be another boring match of them using the same elements."

"Orga, when has a Chiyo's matches ever been boring." Sting tsked his teammate.

"When she beat you in one punch." Rogue interjected himself into the conversation.

"It was an off day for me okay." Sting mumbled.

"Your off days must have been happening since birth then."

"Screw you, Cyclops."

As the dragon boys argued, Lector could sense the worry vibrating off the sandy kitten next to him. "What's wrong, San?"

"Chi-chan...she seems different." She said watching Chiyo enter confidently into the arena, but she could tell she was hiding her emotions.

"Different? She looks the same cool she always is in a match."

"It must have something to do with Yukino's lost." Rogue stated patting San's head to provide some comfort that he mostly ever offered to Frosch, San, or Chiyo.

"She'll get over it." Sting dismissed with the wave of his hand. "This battle will let her blow off some steam."

It had been a good 6 minutes, yet Chiyo was the only one to walk out onto the field. Black Snake was nowhere to be seen. 'Where is he?' she thought, until she heard Chatapi clearing his throat over the mic.

"Hold on, I have just gotten an important message from the Crocus King himself. There will be a slight change in the match. Instead of Black Snake, Raven Tail will be putting in their reserved member Acantha."

The crowd broke out into herds of whispers at the news. The sudden change had caught everyone by surprise but Chiyo remained on guard because she knew not to trust anything these Raven Tail members did. The change in line up might just be a plot setup by them. The whispers quieted down as Acantha strolled onto the battlefield; she a cute girl around the age of 15 and on the short side. Her dark brown hair was tied in low pigtails and she was dressed in a short, red kimono yet it was her eyes that caught Chiyo's attention. They were a swirl of reds and blues that were beautiful, but their colors seemed dull like Chiyo's once were.

 The two met in the center of the ring and by the way the girl stood with her arms crossed over her chest, Chiyo knew she was a typical moody teenager but she still held her hand out for a proper handshake

The two met in the center of the ring and by the way the girl stood with her arms crossed over her chest, Chiyo knew she was a typical moody teenager but she still held her hand out for a proper handshake. "Let's have a fair fight okay."