Six

A few hours passed where Avery and Delilah were playing and Zayn, Niall, and Louis sat on the couch watching a movie.

Zayn felt his heart clench when he looked over to see Niall and Louis cuddled up on the couch. He missed Harry...a lot.

The girls came downstairs a few minutes later in search of cuddle time.

Avery snuggled in between her dads and they held her tight.

Delilah: "baba, where's daddy?"

Zayn: "he's at work baby, he'll be home soon, come lay with me"

Delilah climbed up beside Zayn and laid down with her curls pressing against his face.

Avery: "can we watch Moana?"

Louis: "you both watch that every day!"

Zayn: "they'll be asleep in ten minutes anyway, just turn it on"

And Zayn was right, by 9 both little girls were fast asleep. So Louis and Niall gracefully picked Avery up and got ready to leave, thanking and congratulating Zayn on the new baby.

When it was just him and Delilah again he sighed. He ended up staring silently at the blessing that was asleep on the couch before his phone started buzzing on the coffee table.

Zayn: "hello?"

Harry: "oh, I figured you'd be asleep by now"

Zayn: "no, the guys just left"

Harry: "is Del asleep?"

Zayn: "mhm"

Harry: "you okay z?"

Zayn: "yeah, you know how it is, I just miss you."

Harry: "I know, but you'll get used to it soon, you always do"

Zayn: "I'm never used to it Harry, I think about you 24/7"

Harry: "I do too my love, but you're moody right now, and you need sleep"

Zayn knew he was moody, but it wasn't because he was tired. It was because he was pregnant.

Zayn: "mkay"

Harry: "don't be mad at me now"

Zayn: "I'm not, just tired"

Harry: "I'll cuddle you when I get home yeah?"

Zayn: "yeah"

Harry: "I love you so much"

Zayn: "I love you too"

Harry: "good night"

Zayn: "night"

When Harry hung up the phone, Zayn kept his held to his ear for a second as a tear ran down his cheek.

He sat next to Delilah on the couch and looked at her with tears in his eyes. That beautiful little girl was all his, and she looked just like her daddy. He was in love with both of them, and the new little one that was secretly growing inside of him. He just wished his other half was there bedside him.

Zayn knew, with him being pregnant, that his hormones would be way worse when Harry left. He'd probably cry an excessive amount and stress out more than he should, but it was worth it. He would do anything for his family.

Zayn carried Delilah lightly up the stairs and tucked her into her bed before kissing her good night.

He got himself ready for bed and laid there for a half hour before he gave up. He knew he wasn't gonna be able to drift off, his mind was in a million different places.

He sat up and turned the beside lamp on before picking up the book that sat there collecting dust.

He had nothing else to do to ease his mind, so he opened the book and read. He read about a young girl who fell in love with her lifetime best friend, and all the hardships they went through.

His eyes didn't move from the book until he heard footsteps and the bedroom door creek open.

Harry: "since when do you read?"

Zayn smiled

Zayn: "I couldn't sleep"

Harry: "what's that about?"

He trailed over and sat next to Zayn on the bed

Zayn: "some cheesy romance shit"

Harry leaned in and kissed Zayn lightly, not wanting to pull away, but he knew they both needed sleep.

Zayn sat the book down on the night stand, along with his glasses and yawned.

Zayn: "did you already kiss Del goodnight?"

Harry: "yeah, stopped in her room first"

Zayn: "she was asking about you earlier"

Harry: "for what?"

Zayn: "she saw Avery cuddle up between Niall and Louis and she asked where her daddy was"

Harry: "awe"

Zayn: "my heart about broke in half"

Harry: "I'm sorry baby"

Zayn: "you gotta do what you gotta do Harry, it's just the way it is, we don't love you any less because of it. It's just a harder life"

Harry smiled

Harry: "I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have you guys in my life. God you make me the happiest husband and dad in the world"

Zayn: "you're an amazing husband and an amazing dad, you don't need us to tell you that"

Harry: "I'm gonna shower and get ready for bed, you gonna wait up for me?"

Zayn: "I haven't been tired so, probably yeah"

Harry: "kiss me goodnight just in case"

Zayn blushed and leaned in to brush their lips together before Harry stood up and waltzed into the bathroom.

A few minutes in, Delilah woke up and came sleepily walking into their bedroom. So Zayn stood up and cradled her in his arms.

Delilah: "is daddy home?"

Zayn: "mhm, he's in the shower"

Delilah: "can I sleep with you baba?"

Zayn: "sure baby, why don't you go get your blankie"

She nodded and ran back off to her room to grab her yellow rag and came back to jump into their bed.

When Harry came out she was wide awake. He didn't have a shirt on, so he quickly grabbed one out of his closet and threw it on.

Delilah: "daddy!"

Harry picked her up and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

Delilah: "baba said I could sleep in here"

Harry looked at Zayn with a pleading look, wanting nothing more than to cuddle.

Zayn shot a look back of disappointment.

Harry: "sure, do you wanna sleep beside me or beside baba?"

Delilah: "in the middle!"

Harry sighed and climbed into bed, letting her squeeze in between her two heroes.

Harry: "when she falls asleep, I'm taking her back to her room because I can't sleep with a shirt on, and I wanna be close to you"

Zayn: "fine, but you're letting her sleep right here"

Harry smiled down at Delilah who was already half asleep with her thumb in her mouth.

Harry: "good night princess we love you"

Delilah: "night night"