A Note...And a Goodbye

Hello my friends! I am the bringer of both sad and exciting news...I've moved on from fanfiction and am progressing with my own writing in my own worlds. I will miss you all, and thanks a million for all the support. I wouldn't be the writer I am today without all the practice, and I'm very appreciative for the part you've played in that. I'm sorry if there have been requests that I won't get to, and I wish you all the best. If you'd like read any of my current works, I've opened a separate account at @SGSchumpertWrites . Here's a little teaser for the project I'm working on: 

I catch a glimpse of an arena, an explosion of agony, a disappointed frown as Sadira gets up from her seat and turns her back to leave the ring. I see nights of hard work, speeches, lobbying against taking the offensive against nearby villages. I see it all crumbling away as he's thrown from the senate and banished from the palace, see it crumbling away like the ashes of the city crunching beneath his claws, like the hope from a five-year-old boy's face as he crouches in the smoldering wreckage of his home and cries. I see a friend and a purpose bought from her in a thousand pleas and a hundred carefully crafted arguments, see a life torn between what he knows is right and the knowledge that he can't stand for it without losing everything. I see his silence. And each second of it is agony. 

Stars. I blink hard, trying to latch onto the present. It is like she is not just trying to make him respect her. It's like she wants him to grovel. She wants to have complete power over every aspect of his life. Complete power in general. I clench my fists. Over the people under her protection. Over the senate and law she is supposed to be under. 

Over life and death, will and destiny--for anyone she chooses.

***

When she and her friends fled to Arx Fluminis, one of the only remaining refuges where humans and dragons live in peace, all Laya wanted was to lie low and figure out if her mother had survived the purge that had murdered so many of her kind. Instead, she finds a regina who cares nothing about having a relationship with her daughter, a senator who may or may not have accidentally fallen in love with her, and an upper class ready to overthrow the government and restore the republic. She isn't interested in starting a different relationship. She isn't here to meddle in politics. And she definitely didn't come to cause trouble. But by the stars, if someone is going to hurt her friends or innocent people, they're going to have to get through her fire first.

I wish you the best, wherever the winds of life may blow you! 

Skye

🎉 You've finished reading Notes, Drabbles, and Oneshots: A Star Wars Rebels Oneshot Request Book [CLOSED] 🎉