A dinner date?

Najib's residence
9:30pm
Salimat's pov

Salimat grunt for what seemed like the umpteenth time, she hadn’t had this much trouble choosing an outfit before, the entire room was filled with discarded articles of clothes, all the clothes she had tried had seemed to clash awfully with her skin or hair color, she eyed her reflection in the beautiful antic full length mirror situated at a corner in her room.

she wore a dark green gown which had a collar, long sleeves with beautiful designs and a slit at the back. The gown was gorgeous but it looked awful in Salimats eyes.

“It’s horrible” she cried turning to look at Indo.

“Kai no its not” Aisha said rolling her eyes, “if you change one more time I might hang myself”.

“I look like a vegetable Aisha”, Salimat complained looking back at her reflection in the mirror, and her hair too was in disarray just like the rest of her.  

“Come take a sit let’s do something with your bird nest hair” Aisha said gesturing for her to take a sit.

Salimat sigh in defeat and obeyed taking the sit in front of Aisha, the soft tugging feeling of the brush in her hair calmed her nerves a little. Aisha combed and styled her hair then helped her tie her head tie.

“I wanted you to wear heels but with the way you are shaking I am starting to think it’s a bad idea” Aisha said frowning at her.

“no…..no heels” salimat said shaking her head, Aisha nodded in agreement before walking in to the closet and coming back with a pair of simple black sandals, she helped salimat but them on before stepping back to admire her work. Just then a light knock came from the door causing both of them to turn and see who it was, the door opened slightly and a head popped in.

“Are you done? We are getting late” Najib asked

“Good evening sir” Aisha greeted respectfully causing Najib to nod at her in answer, he pushed the door wide open and walked leaving it ajar behind him.

Salimat stood up to meet him halfway, she had an odd queasy feeling in the pits of her stomach making her feel nauseous, all she wanted to do was get out of this dress and bury herself in her blankets, but instead she offered him an uncertain smile.

He smiled back at her in reassurance, “you are beautiful” he complimented taking a hold of her hands, “your hands are sweaty”.

“I am a bit nervous” she said sheepishly.

“no need to be dear” he said leading her out the house to his car; a black Benz parked in front of the house, like the gentle man he liked to think he was her opened her door, before going to the other side to let himself in and placed the car in to gear, pulling away.

After a few awkward minutes of silent driving Salimat broke the silence, “I apologize in advance, I have never done this before, in fact in have never been outside the palace until now” she said giggling awkwardly.

Najib hit the brakes, jerking both of them forward, thank God for the seat belts, Salimat thought glaring at him.

“What are you doing” she asked still glaring at him, he didn’t answer until he parked the car safely at the side of the road.

“What do you mean by you have never left the palace till now?” Najib said staring at her like she had just sprouted an extra head.

“I wasn’t allowed to leave the palace, I thought you knew” she said her skin slowing warming up from embarrassment.