siblings and drama

Abuja
Najib Muhammad Lawal's residence
12:28pm

19 years later

37 year old Senator Najib Muhammad Lawal sat opposite his brother, king Aliyu Muhammad Lawal of Gombe emirate, staring at him intensely, as if he just sprouted a second head.

"So, let me get this straight, Baba before his death promised his best friend, one Umar Shehu that, one of his sons would marry one of his daughters and you want I, Najib to marry her right?’’ Najib asked.

"right" Aliyu said smirking at his brother.

"I don’t understand you Ya Aliyu, so you flew all the way from Gombe, just to tell me that, don’t you have an emirate to rule?’’, Najib said sitting up to pour himself more of the hibiscus drink.

"Are you having some kind of mid life crisis", he continued laughing, causing his elder brother to hiss.

"I came personally, because this is a promise I must fulfill on behalf of Baba, and I knew if I told you on the phone, you would have flown out of the country the very next day, so I took the liberty of preparing the stuff for the introduction on your behalf and also informing the parties involved, all we need now is you", the king finished, feeling really accomplished.

Najib stared into his elder brother’s face for any sign that he was joking, but was met with a straight, humorless look, which made him burst out laughing "oh My God, you actually think I would go with you, for a king you aren’t that bright Ya Aliyu" he gasped in between each shriek of laughter, earning him a smack on the end from behind.

"Ouch! Who is that", said frowning and turning to look behind him, only to find his elder sister standing behind him, with her latest offspring, sitting on her hip.

"Don’t talk to your elders, like that especially the king", she hissed.

"Halima, thank you for that, when did you get here", king Aliyu said staring fondly at his immediate younger sibling.

"ina wuni yaya’, she said bending down in respect, ‘”I heard you had arrived so I decided to come and see you, also Jabir extends his greetings, he is at work so he couldn’t make it, but he is coming later’’ she said walking over to sit beside Najib, dropping her 1 year old baby on his lap, making him shriek.

"God Najib will you stop screaming like a girl, it’s just a baby", Aliyu scolded.

Najib picked up the little boy and dropped him back on his mother’s laps, as if he were a snake, "see this is one of the reasons I can’t get married, I hate babies, why don’t you marry the princess yourself Ya Aliyu , or even Kabir or Mustapha or even Ya Usman self, especially Ya Usman, I mean his wife is like a hippopotamus", Najib said smirked.

"Najib why are you so rude, remember you are still having problems with Kabir after you said his wife’s mother resembles a sea horse, what happened to you to make you this way", Halima said eyeing her younger sibling.

"Halima, it’s not good to insult God's creation, after all he was the one that made me this way", Najib said taking a bit from a kilishi he had just picked up.

"see this stupid boy, so you know that and you have been insulting people’s wives and mothers, anyway back to the topic at hand", Aliyu said sighing

"as for why I can’t marry the princess, is because I already have 2 wives and I am not looking to add more and out of us all you are the only single one, so it only makes sense that you marry her".

"no I like my bachelor life, it’s not like I don’t like women, I love them but not enough to marry one, especially  a spoilt princess I have never met, we are in the twenty first century for God sake", Najib said getting annoyed.

"Ok let’s make a deal, if we get to kastina and you don’t like her, I won’t force you, I will marry her myself” the king bargained.

"Why stress me, just marry her Ya Aliyu", Najib grumbled.

"Please Najib, because of Baba, help Baba fulfill his promise, help him lift this burden, so he can rest in peace and Mama too she is worried about you", Halima said pleading with her brother.

Najib stared at both his siblings, leaning back and sighing in defeat and nodded his head in agreement.

************************************
Please vote and comment 😘
Stay safe and stay home lovelies

PS the picture above is how I envisioned Najib