Queens and a princess

Next day
Kastina emirate
6:45 am
Najib’s pov

Najib had just rounded up his subhi prayers and was about to go back to bed when his phone began to ring, he picked up his phone and checked the caller ID, which read 'WAHALA' in big, bold black letters.

"what does this woman want now" Najib muttered to himself annoyed before picking the call.

"Ina kwana Mama" he greeted.

"Najib you have finally proven to me that you are indeed mad, you stupid boy" a high pitched voice answered from the other end of the call.

Najib sigh and collapsed on his bed

"what did I do now Mama?".

"oh so it’s me you are asking that stupid question, baka da hankali Najib".

"ki yi hankuri Mama, I am just asking so I can apologize for the millionth time" Najib said sarcastically.

"don’t act smart with me Najib, anyways I don’t have time for your stupidity, better go and call of the taboo of a marriage you are planning, if you can’t Marry Princess Hadiza then forget about the marriage" his mother said in conclusiveness.

"and why would I do that mother" Najib questioned calmly.

"Because I your mother, Hajiya Ramatu demands it, ka na so ka pata mana zuria ko, toh wallahi baka isa ba, you are not going to marry an albino, what is actually wrong with you Najib, when people are going to the right, you are always obsessed with going to the left".

"nothing is wrong with me Mama, but not to be rude or anything why are you so concerned and invested in my life Mama, you never were, why now?" Najib asked bluntly.

He stood up and walked over to the dining area in his quarters were the servant had already started serving his breakfast.

"Najib am I the one you are speaking to that way, mara hankali, mara kunya, I am your mother and I demand you respect and abide to my decision" his mother scolded.

"Mother have you forgotten so easily what had happened in the past? I think we can both mutually agree that you have no right in making decisions in my life, I really don’t want to disrespect you mother but I prefer you don’t make decision for someone you had supposedly disowned and discarded, have a good day mother and send my greetings and love to goggo" Najib said and ended the call.

He placed his phone on the table in front of him and picked up a plate filled with various types of fruits and began to feast.

A maid walked in and knelt in front of him in greeting, "Good morning Prince Najib’” she greeted in Hausa.

"good morning and it’s not prince Najib its Najib, now what horrid news do you have for me?" Najib asked, placing the now empty plate back on the table leaning back.

"sorry to disturb you, but I was sent by Princess Salima to give this to you" the Maid said placing a piece of paper on the table.

Najib pick up the paper in curiosity and opened it. ‘Can we please meet in the garden by 8pm, signed Salimat’. Was written neatly in bold cursive hand writing. Figures her hand writing is also beautiful too.

"tell your Princess I said yes" Najib said looking up at the maid whom was awaiting his reply, she nodded coyly and turned to leave.

As the young maid left the room, an older looking one walked in making Najib grunt in frustration. "what now?" he asked annoyed.

"Ina kwana Yarima" the woman greeted but Najib just stared at her blankly, not bothering to reply the greeting.

The woman ignored his rude behavior and continued, "the Dowager Queen, Queen Habiba would like you to honor her with your presences this afternoon".