A kiss or two

Najib's pov

9:00pm

Najib got home late, after working all day; he quickly skipped up the stairs and headed for Salima's room, he knocked once before entering saying salaam.

she replied,giving him a small smile.

"welcome back", she said, still sitting on the edge of the bed. " is there anything I can do for you?" she asked avoiding his gaze.

Najib stared at his wife, smiling a little to himself, God she made him weak in the knees, a shudder ran through his body at the sight of her, he was behaving like a school boy and he wasn't ashamed of it even one bit, he ignored her question and kicked off his shoes before pulling his kaftan off, leaving him with only the white siglet he wore underneath, his black Kaftan trousers and matching socks.

"Ya Najib what do you think you are doing, please go to your room, I am not in the mood foe your games" she said pushing herself off the bed.

"Its Najib and what does it look like, I am going to take my bath and perform salat"' he answered pulling his socks.

Salimat just hissed and walked out of the room, leaving him alone in her dimly lite room, Najib went about his business, he quickly took his bath and performed his salat.

After praying he left the room in search of his obviously irritated wife.

He met her down stairs at the dinning area, with his mother and sister in law dije.

Salima looked uncomfortable and paler than ususally like the blood had been drain out of her, she almost looked like she was about to faint, relief washed over her when she sighted him and her eyes plead with him for some sort of rescue.

Najib frowned at the intruders. "I can see the both of you are still here, I thought I made myself clear yesterday" he said taking a sit beside his wife while the help served them dinner.

"And when will you have some respect for your mother", Ramatu said glaring at him.

"Excuse you, what mother?'' he questioned, taking a bite from his plate, he felt a slight pinch on his thigh and he turned to glare at his wife.

"Come on, Ya Najib, that's not how to speak to your monther" Dije said in between bites.

"There is a thin line between being a guest and being an intruder Dije and I would advice you not to involve yourself in conversations that doesn't concern you" Najib said glaring at her at Dije.

"honestly Najib, is that how I taught you to speak to women? Is that how I raised you? Haba dan Allah, anyways if you are acting this way because of that ghost beside you, then I pray you regain your senses soon, like seriously what have come over you, you choose a 5 year old white witch for a wife, really how old are you? 15....16" she insulted turning her attention to salima.

"I am so disappointed Najib, I thought you knew better, in fact I have lost my appetite" Ramatu finished standing up and droping the spoon she held roughly making it clatter against the glass surface of the dinning table.

Salima quietly excused herself from the table, her eyes cloudy with unshed tears and Najib watched her leave his heart heavy with hurt and annoyance for his mother, he slowly got up to face his mother while Dije just sat there smirking at her sister's retreating back.

"Hajiya" Najib started, his teeth practically grinding together.

"I have no idea how you remember the past but you didn't raise me not even one bit, my father did and the only reason I have an atom of respect for you and I am not throwing you out right this minute is because of him, just a few years back I can remember you calling me, a retarded, unwanted pest you didn't want anything to do with and now I am your Najib? How ironic right? While I am still being nice, leave my home soonest and you too" he said turning his ice cold glare to Dije before leaving them both to go look for his wife.

Najib said salam before going into his wife's room, he met her curled up on her bed sobbing.

"go away I want to be alone" she said in between sobs.

"Salima darling" he said sitting beside her and pulling her into a hug.

"don't touch me Najib" she said glaring up at him.

"Why did you do it? Why did you marry me? I am sure your mother expressed her distinct dislike for me before the wedding" she question looking up at him with her big grey orbs, her sadness obvious in their midst.

"I don't know Salima, I am not a romantic or an emotional guy, I saw you and I figured you did be better than your sister" he lied avoiding her gaze.

"can you imagine" Salimat spat, getting up and he followed suit, grabbing her by the arm,

"can you hear yourself, you sound like a spoilt 5 year old, don't touch me, get out" she yelled trying to push him away.

"stop calm down Salima, now who is behaving like a 5 year old, I am sorry I shouldn't have said what I did, you don't deserve that, I am sorry" he apologized grabbing her other arm, imprisoning her and rendering her efforts to escape futile,

"stay still" he ordered.

"No! Stop! What gives you the right to touch me" she spat, still struggling.

"funny, what gives me the right to touch you? well Salima, the day my name was written in your henna art and I sat before a sheik and your father to take my vows, that gave me the right to do whatever I please" he said half laughing while she just glared at him.

she was sure if her hands weren't trapped she would have slapped the smile right off his face.

"I have the right to do this" he said giving her a peck on the forehead, causing her anger to evaporate immediately.

"And this" he said kissing her eyebrow,

"And this" he kissed the tip of her ear, then her shoulder, then both her hands, causing Salimat to melt into his embrace and making him smile even wilder.

"What are you doing?" she whispered, staring up at him.

"me? I am just kissing my wife" he whispered back with a devilish twinkle in his eyes before placing a real kiss on her lips and he spent the night telling and showing her how much he loved her.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Thank you guys, please read, follow me and comment.

I will try and update everyday and I apologize in advance for any day I might miss.

Check above for our pretty beach hats and check out rattan_culture on ig for more.