Chapter 5 - Wrapped Up

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters, they all belong to the writers and creators of The Vampire Diaries.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was only four days left until Christmas, everyone had helped clean up after the Christmas party and now it was time to sort out the final things for the big day.

There was one thing that Originals were good at and that was using their wealth to get what they want. Though something they had learnt this Christmas was that it didn't matter about the big things, it was the thought of it all. So instead of paying someone to wrap the present and write a card they had planned to do it themselves.

The only problem with this scenario was it wasn't as easy as it first looked. Sure they had brought presents for everyone else and it had been wrapped by either a maid or they had compelled the woman at the counter. But this gift was special, it was for someone special so they decided against doing that this time.

Elijah had been in his room for some time now. He was looking at Elena's gift like it was a puzzle. It wasn't difficult to wrap, but something about this frustrated him. He was known to have patience, although that went out the window when faced with wrapping this present.

It was actually two presents in one, his first thought was to put it in a box, but thought against it. Instead he went for basic wrapping. He had torn off some tape and prepared it and some scissors were at hand.

Elijah placed the item on the sheet of wrapping paper, he seemed quite pleased with his gift to Elena. He folded the paper gently, the last couple of tries his finger had poked a hole through the paper, and then he had to start over again. He had also made sure to prepare enough tape.

He stuck on some tape to hold the paper down and began working on one end of the present, he neatly folded it and stuck more tape on. After twenty minutes he had finally finished wrapping it up, it seemed like the fifth time was the charm. He didn't realised he had cheered loudly in congratulating himself.

He looked at the small box that was no bigger than a ring box and found himself full of happiness. Although when he looked at the ribbon next to the Christmas paper he frowned. The paper he had picked was silver with white snowflakes placed in numerous places. He had chosen some red ribbon to complete the look.

According to the man at the store, you have to use scissors to curl the ribbon. The shop assistant even showed him how. Elijah had remembered the steps and decided it was worth a try, worst case scenario...he cut it off and Elena's present would go without.

He looped the ribbon around it once, twice and then tied it into a bow. Now was the moment of truth. He pulled the ribbon against the outside of the scissors and against his thumb, it had a gliding sound and as he let go it sprung into a tight curl. He turn it around and done it a second time to the opposite side, again it worked perfectly.

His masterpiece had been finished. And he couldn't keep the smile off his face, he soon heard his bedroom door open and in walked his baby sister Rebekah.

"What's got you smiling?" Rebekah asked teasingly.

"I...well..look" Elijah pointed to the small present on the floor, and Rebekah lightly giggled.

"This is what all those noises were for?! I thought you were rearranging your room" Rebekah picked up the wrapped up present and smiled and then a thought came to her.

"You did take off the price tag and remove the receipt didn't you..." Rebekah looked her brother in the eye and watched his eyes widen in panic.

Elijah quickly took the box back and ripped it all open again, he didn't even hesitate. He glanced at the gift and looked at all sides and then inside, nothing...no price tag...no information of any sort, he sighed in relief but then realised that he'd asked the shop owner specifically to keep all information separate.

He looked up at Rebekah, she lifted her hands in surrender. "Hey I only asked, it's not my fault you didn't remember. Anyway at least I know what it is now"

Elijah looked furious and took a step towards her and within a flash she was gone, laughing could be heard down the hallway until it faded.

The eldest original looked down at the box in his hands and sighed. He had to do this all over again now, something he wasn't looking forward before.