8

MUTT
— 8.  Pogue Lyfe

 After asking Kiara what she had seen, it didn't take her long to reach her hand through the opening in the tomb to hand them a package

After asking Kiara what she had seen, it didn't take her long to reach her hand through the opening in the tomb to hand them a package. John B grabbed it and then the lamp as well, just before Rory and JJ helped Kiara out of the tomb.

"That's not gold," Pope complained as he looked down at the FedEx package that read, "For Bird."

"Holy shit," John B muttered to himself as he turned to look at his friends with wide eyes, "This is from my dad."

JJ and Rory walked over to the side as JJ lit a joint. However, the moment they heard an engine, they looked up, alarmed when they saw a vehicle approaching.

"Code red. Code red," JJ quickly informed his friends, "Square groupers! Square groupers!"

"Go, go, go!" Rory demanded and the group of five wasted no time beginning to run away.

They quickly hide behind a tomb, yelling at each other to turn off their lights. JJ was the last to turn off his light, too busy trying to put out his lit joint.

"JJ. Come on, man," Rory sighed, quickly taking the light off of his head and turning it off.

"I see something," One of the men told the other as their vehicle came to a stop.

"Do you think it's them?" Kiara asked as she, JJ, and Rory peeked their heads around the tomb to try to see the men.

"Homie's gotta gun," JJ informed the group, an uneasy look on his face.

"Fuck this. We gotta get out of here," Rory announced and was the first one to stand up.

Beginning to run away, her friends followed suit with the men shouting after them.

Rory was quick to jump the fence and did it as ease. JJ, John B, and Kiara did the same, succeeding in doing so while Pope found himself stuck on the fence. "Guys, I'm stuck, I'm stuck," He informed his friends, a fearful look on his face.

Kiara and John B rushed to go help their friend while JJ lifted up his gun, causing Rory to quickly rush over to him. "Are you fucking crazy?" She complained, quickly grabbing his hands and pointing the gun downwards.

By the time Kiara and John B had gotten Pope off the fence, his pants were entirely ripped. "Nice going, man," Rory sarcastically commented, beginning to laugh with JJ as they ran in the direction of the van with the rest of the group.

"It's a little tootsie roll," JJ jokingly remarked, causing Rory to chuckle as they drove away.

____

Soon enough, they arrived at John B's house and when they did, JJ's first decision was to make himself a peanut butter sandwich on bread that happened to be moldy.