zero;

: — 渦巻 水 — :𝙐𝙕𝙐𝙈𝘼𝙆𝙄 𝙈𝙄𝙕𝙐

: — 渦巻 水 — :
𝙐𝙕𝙐𝙈𝘼𝙆𝙄 𝙈𝙄𝙕𝙐

STREAKS OF GOLDEN peeked through drawn curtains, illuminating the room with the warm colours of orange and yellow. The early hours were quiet, almost serene apart from soft breathing in the otherwise silent bedroom.

Then the vibrations of a mobile phone that lay on a small table broke the peace. Soft breathing turning into groans of drowsiness as the person only aimlessly searched for the phone.

7:30 it read, the numbers of the time showing brightly on the screen.

With another huff, the sheets were thrown to the side, bare feet touching the cold floor as they padded across the room.

Staring at the full-length mirror that stood before her, Uzumaki Mizu could only bring out a sigh from her lips. Her reflection stared back, the same bored look in her dull eyes looking at her.

Another year of highschool. She had wished for this time to not come, but it did anyways. And now here it was, said dreaded day, making an appearance as a Monday morning.

Ridding herself of her thoughts, Mizu continued to wander around her room to get ready. From entering the bathroom to brush her teeth, to grabbing her already prepared and perfectly ironed uniform that hung in all its glory by her closet.

The early morning passed in a daze, within fifteen minutes, she was all dressed and ready. Now downstairs, making herself a decent breakfast before having to depart.

It was still quiet throughout the whole house, with the morning glow of golden hour still casting the white walls within with its warm colour. Mizu was sat on a stool by the kitchen bar, a cup of coffee in her hand while her plate of toast was in front of her.

Her other hand held her phone, thumb swiping across the screen. Scrolling through one of her social media apps to pass the time before she had to leave. So with one last take of her coffee, Mizu took both the empty cup and plate to the sink, washing them then putting them to dry by the dishrack.

And with that, she slung her bag on her shoulders, walking out of her empty house and into the city.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

There it was, just beyond the sea of teenagers, stood the glass building of her school. U.A. High School was well known throughout Japan, either for their outstanding students or technologically advanced environment, Mizu couldn't really care less.

It was all the same, with classes that only ended well into the afternoon, and the boring drawl of lessons in between. She couldn't find the reason why everyone kept saying high school was the period of thrill-seeking and adventure for any teenager.

It was utter bullshit.

For all she knew, all she had done was assignments, tests, and more assignments. There was nothing exciting about high school at all.

Mizu continued to make her way to the building, earbuds in and blasting music into her head to drown out the insistent chatter around her.

That is, until someone bumped into her from behind -quite harshly, too. Mizu had to hurriedly put a foot forward to prevent herself from falling over, one of her earbuds falling to hang around her shoulder.

"A-ah! I'm so sorry!" It was the voice of a male.

Regaining her balance, she turned her head to look at the culprit behind her. Pushing her hair behind her ear, Mizu had her eyes on the boy.

He had blonde -almost yellow- hair, a single streak of black that contrasted in the shape of a lightning bolt to his bright locks. His hair was styled to part onto both sides of his face. Bright amber eyes that glowed almost golden under the sun, along with a small awkward curl of his lips.

Her stare remained on the boy, who tried his best not to meet her eyes and instead looked everywhere else. Mizu had yet to utter a single word, she was confused.

Who was this boy? She thought. He looked familiar enough to not be a first-year, but she couldn't recall who he was.

"Uh-uhm, hello?" Snapping out of her confusion, Mizu returned to staring at the male, clicking her tongue as she put her earbuds back in.

She had stared too long, it must have looked weird.

"Whatever." Was all she said, turning back around to continue her walk towards the school.

As she walked, Mizu couldn't help but take a glance back at the boy. He had ran towards a redhead -his friend, probably and started yelling and hitting him.

"You idiot! What'd you push me for?!" Faintly hearing his words over her music, she rolled her eyes and turned back to her path.

If only she could hear what his friend had said. Maybe she would have stared a little more.

"Bro, seriously. You've had a crush on her since first-year! It's about time you say hi!"

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

hello everyone!
prologue of the rewritten version of
asphyxia is here yay!!
im honestly glad that ppl even wanna read this book lmao

but yea, thx for reading!

btw, im trying out this kinda second/third person pov writing style, so im sorry if its kinda weird!

-kuno
(1 - 6 - 20)
unedited.