T W E N T Y - F O U R

I recommend reading this chapter with popcorn & soda ;) buckle up homies!

[Will's POV]

Leaning my body against the bunk bed, I listen to the sound of the girls running down the hallway. The loud bang sounds followed by laughter indicating them shoving each other against the walls as they fight their way to breakfast.

Katelynn's giggles stand out the most to me and just the thought of her drags my mind back to her laying on my chest in her swimsuit a few minutes ago.

I groan and lay my head back against the bunk bed and close my eyes in an attempt to calm myself.

It is too early for this.

"Bro, get changed. We have to go." Wyatt swats my chest. "And un-pitch that tent in your pants."

My eyes open to watch him as he walks past me to the bathroom with swim trunks in hand, I glare at him as he goes.

Once the bathroom door shuts I quickly adjust myself before digging through my bag to find my pair of black swim trunks.

"You know, you should just asked her out already." I jump, momentarily forgetting that Mason is still in the room. I turn to look at him where he's perched on the top bunk, looking down at me.

His hair is messy, probably resembling mine quite a bit. I subconsciously run my hand through my hair, in an attempt to smooth it.
"I don't know what you mean." I play dumb.

He rolls his eyes. "Come on, man. It's so obvious that you've both got the hots for each other. Anyone can feel the sexual tension a mile away." He taps on his phone a few times before turning the phone to show me the screen. My eyes catch the picture of me and Katelynn cuddling on my bed just moments ago. My eyes were closed the whole time but I knew she was taking a picture because it's just a Katelynn thing to do. My lips tug up into a smile. "And come on. This. Friends don't do this." He finishes.

"Look man, I heard the girls talking one day after practices. Katelynn doesn't want a relationship. At all." I mumble and look down to the shorts in my hand.

"Well that's a bunch of—." Mason gets cut off by the bathroom door swinging open and Wyatt running out of the bedroom.

"Im so hungry!" He yells as he runs down the hall clad in swim trunks and a tank top. "You guys better hurry up before I eat everything in this house!"

Mason and I share a look of amusement.

I lift my swim shorts up, "I'm gonna go get changed."

***

"Okay, guys, we have lots of extra life jackets in the garage." Katelynn's mom is standing on the dock and being a watchful eye as her husband and April's dad tie the rope for the wakeboard to the boat securely.

April's mom is loading a couple ice chests onto the boat with help from Wyatt and Mason.

And all three of the girls are lathering themselves in sunscreen.

"Katelynn, please go take Will to get life jackets for him and the boys." Amanda nudges Katelynn.

Katelynn snaps her eyes up, looking like she just came out of a day dream. She locks eyes with me and nods. "Okay, mom."

She nods her head towards the garage and motions for me to come along. I follow, just a few steps behind.

I'm trying to not let the fact that she's just wearing a bikini top and shorts distract me. Her athleticism really shows.