T H R E E

Johnny's Diner is a popular spot around town. Especially for high school students. It's good, fair priced food and it is just so cute! It's got that old fashioned look to it even though just months ago it was completely renovated. The neon sign shines bright as we pull into the parking lot.

My tummy grumbles for a burger and shake as Wyatt looks for an open parking space.

The whole way here we listened to throwback songs and sang our hearts out. I must admit, Wyatt has a pretty impressive playlist. How many teenage boys do you know have 'Pocketful of Sunshine' downloaded to their phone?

As Wyatt parks his Jeep, Luke's Corolla pulls into the parking space right beside us. We all unbuckle and climb out of our cars, filing into the diner to find some seats.

We all took seats at the rounded booth in the back corner, one of the few booths big enough to seat all of us. Everyone broke off into conversation. I find myself wedged in between Will and whom I'm guessing is Luke's girlfriend. She's really pretty with curled blonde hair that falls just past her shoulders. I turn to her with a smile and hold out my hand for her to shake. "Hi, I'm Katelynn."

She gives me a wide smile and accepts my handshake. "Kelsea. I love your outfit. So cute!"
She beams.

I laugh, "thank you. Believe it or not, my dad actually bought me this sweater." I pull the sweater away from my tummy and look down at it.

"You're kidding. It's totally adorable. Tell your dad to buy me some outfits, he's got such good taste!" She jokes. I decide that I like Kelsea. I don't know how well of friends we would be outside of school but she's definitely someone I would enjoy talking to more. She's got a good vibe.

A waitress comes over with a cheery smile on her face, her name tag reads Kelly. I've seen her around here quite a few times. She has really pretty curly brown hair and gorgeous light brown skin. She appears to be in her late 30's or early 40's. Kelly scans the table and her eyes light up in recognition when they stop on Will.

"Will hun, how's your mama doing these days? Getting enough sleep with that new baby in the house?" She asks.

I look at Will to see him smiling at the mention of his family. "She's doing okay. We're all pretty much adjusted to having baby Cam home. You should come over and visit sometime. I know my mom would love the company."

"I'll have to give her a call. Now, what can I get you all to drink?" Kelly's eyes glance around all of us at the table.

We all gave her our drink orders, I ordered a Dr. Pepper because, duh, it's the best. When she came back with our drinks, we put in our orders.

Johnny's has the best burgers in town. I've been coming here with my friends and family for years and almost every time I get a bacon burger with avocado and steak fries on the side. So I bet you can guess what I ordered.

We spent the night enjoying each other's company. I found that this group of guys (and Kelsea) were into a lot of the same things as me and the girls. Same music, same movies. I learned that Kelsea likes to read, just like me. Mason has a potty mouth, but not in an annoying way where he swears just to be cool, but for entertainment purposes. Luke is pretty much the same as he is in school; well mannered and kind. But also more open. Wyatt likes to stare at Peyton. A lot. In a cute way, not creepy or stalker-like at all. I also learned that Will likes to observe and listen more than he likes to contribute to the conversation. Or maybe he just needs more time to warm up to having new people around?

Will reaches into his pocket to pull out his phone, accidentally bumping my leg in the process. He mumbles an awkward apology before whipping his phone out and scanning the screen. "Hey guys, can we make a quick stop at my house before we head to the party? Dads out of town and my mom needs help real quick."