T W O

I'm completely out of breath from cheering the whole night but I just can't shake the excitement and relief I'm feeling from our boys winning the game against South tonight.

I hear a high pitched squeal and suddenly I'm being attacked in a hug from behind.

"Oh my goodness! We did it! I knew we would totally kick their butts!" April yells into my ear while squeezing onto me tight.

Laughing and rubbing my ear, I turn to face her for a proper hug.

"I'm happy too" I giggle knowing full well how excited April gets from cheering at games. "They played great tonight, I can't wait to celebrate!"

"Hey where did Pey run off to?" April questions while scanning the field full of students that are congratulating our players and celebrating together.

I look around until my eyes spot her long ponytail and cheer bow. "There she is!" I point. "She's talking to Wyatt. Oh hey you're still going to get some food with us all right?"

"Of course! You know me, I wouldn't miss the chance to hang out with all those sexy pieces of man." She wiggles her perfectly shaped brows at me.

Amused, but not surprised, by her hyper ness I grin at her. "Of course, why did I even have to ask?" I tap my temple and shake my head at my 'forgetfulness'.

April has always been boy crazy. But not in the floozy kind of way where she flirts with and sleeps with every guy she meets. Just more of a joking yet somewhat serious way in which she fantasizes about being with every good looking guy she meets. This includes the "oh my gosh we just made eye contact like two times in the last thirty seconds he so wants me" kind of way. It's all completely innocent.

One of the many things that I love about my best friend since the seventh grade is that she knows her self worth. She doesn't give herself to just anyone. Sure she's had many crushes, but she's only dated one guy. Danny Johnson, about six months ago. He was a good guy and everything, they just didn't feel like the relationship was going anywhere. It was a mutual breakup.

The thing is, April could have anyone she wants. She's just got very high standards when it comes to dating. I guess we're both the same in that way.

April places her manicured hand in the crook of my arm and tows me over to where Peyton is talking to with Wyatt and some of his (very cute) friends.

Luke, Mason, and Will. They're all on the football team.

Luke is in my Anatomy class. We work on most of our class work together. He was kinda quiet at first but the more we've gotten to know each other and have gotten comfortable with each other, the more he's opened up. He's actually really smart too. I like to think that I'm a good student, with the hard earned straight A's to show for it. But without Luke, I highly doubt I would be doing so well in the class. There's so much to memorize!

I would consider Luke a friend. But just the kind of friend that you only talk to at school and wouldn't really ever socialize with outside of school.

I've never actually had a conversation with Mason before. I've just been on the receiving end of some of his smirks and winks during cheer practice while the football team is having their practice on the same field.

The last few practices where he's done this to me, I just started doing it back. It's kinda become a little game between the two of us, who can make the other laugh first. A game between two people that have never actually talked but only communicate through facial expressions. It keeps practice interesting to say the least.

Then there's Will. We've been going to the same school since elementary and we've never actually talked either. If there's anything I've noticed about him from all these years that we've been in school together it's that he's very well mannered, a good student, and he's absolutely gorgeous. That's all I've figured out from a distance.