Competition day

The students where to arrive at the band room at 5:00am the next morning to get on the buses and head to the marching competition to preform their show in front of not only judges but hundreds of people.
Sleepy band kids poured into the band room holding blankets complaining about how early it was and holding coffee. Y/n had to get their early to hand out the marching uniforms, and gyro got their around the same time to load up the drums.
______
Y/n pov
_____
Her alarm blared in her ear."uugghhh I don't wanna go" she turned off the alarm as she reluctantly got out of bed to head to get ready. As she brushed her teeth she got a text
                                 Dummer boy
Hey you up?
                           Yeah early work day
You wanna go grab
Breakfast? I'll pick you up
                            I was just going to eat at the                          
                           McDonalds stop on the way
Well can I at least
Give you a ride we
Both gotta get their early
Anyway
                           Sure here's my address
_____________
I got all my stuff ready and grabbed my blanket and waited outside for gyro to show up. I saw a rusty old pickup truck pull into my driveway and figured that was gyro and headed over. "Does it still drive?" I questioned.
He gasped"how dare you talk about my baby like that! She works fine" he opened his door and got out."here I had to pick up Johnny so you'll have to sit in the middle you seem small enough to fit."
I slid into the rusty pickup next to Johnny.
"Hey Johnny."I tried to make conversation.
"Ugh" he groaned and pulled his blanket up closer to his head.
"Don't mind Johnny coniglietta, he hasn't drank his coffee yet so he's grumpy."he got back into the car and started it up.
"What did you call me?" I questioned.
"What I didn't call you anything." He looked away.
"Gyro I'm not stupid."
"..bunny girl.." he whispered under his breath.
"Where did that come from?"
"Well you're small,cute, and your phone case is a bunny" he gave me a goofy smile it was kind of endearing.
"Whatever" I replied with a huff
"I don't hear a no"
"I'm your dreams drummer boy let's just go to the school"
He put his focas back into driving the truck. After a while I started to notice the smell of the car."it smells like horse in here"
"Well that's probably because I race horses." He replied without missing a beat.
"What really?"
"Yeah I do cross country horse back competitions so does Johnny."He pointed to his still asleep friend.
"That's so cool" I gushed I always loved horses but lived in the city so I never got to see them.
"Yeah my Valkyrie is something, don't tell Johnny but she is way better then slow dancer" he leaned over and whispered.
"I bet so with a name like Valkyrie" I giggled at his enthusiasm.
"You come meet her sometime I'll take you for a ride." He winked saying this last part. I punched his shoulder.
"Get your mind out the gutter!"
"Alright alright I'm sorry" he laughed.
The rest of the ride was in mostly silence. Gyro started to sing his pizza mozzarella song and I couldn't help but hum along,it was catchy.
_________
We pulled up to the school and parked next to the door.
"Hey go get rina she should be here already." Gyro looked at me while he unloaded Johnny's wheelchair.
"Why?"
"Just go get her."
I ran inside and looked around the band room and found rina just sitting quietly waiting for her section to show up,she was the flute section leader so she got here same time as the rest of leadership. I ran up to her"hey rina gyro needs you outside."I pointed towards the door.
"Sure." She approved.
We walked out to see gyro waiting next to Johnny's door with the wheelchair out.
"He's all yours" he gestured to the door.
Rina walked up and opened the door."come on big guy" she grabbed Johnny and set him down in his wheelchair.
"Nooooooo" he groaned.the fact that rina could pick him up at all was impressive.
"Come on we got work to do band captain."she said as she finally sat him down.
"Well I don't wanna do it."
"You Can sleep on the bus." She started to wheel him into the band room.
"Are those two?" I looked up at gyro.
"Yes they are dating." He sighed and locked up his car. He seemed upset jealous maybe about it. We walked into the band room together where I was suddenly called by mr.kars.
"Y/n!! Into my office." Gyro gave me a sympathetic look. I went into his office.
"Yes mr.kars..?" I peaked through the doorway.
"I need you to hand out the new uniform shirts today when people go get their stuff." He gestured to a few large boxes.
"But it's competition day!" I panicked.
"You'll figure it out, that's all I needed thank you for your help." He looked back down at his paper. I'd have to go get the wagon from the uniform room or beg some equipment staff to help, I went with the first option Abbacchio was here and could help me get more then one box at a time. I went to wammu's office to grab the room key.
"Key?" He asked.
"Yeah." He tossed it too me.
"Good luck." He was always the nicer band director.
I left his office key in hand to see Bruno and Abbacchio chatting over coffee."Abbacchio! Work time!" I yelled in his direction.
"Geez your so loud woman. What is it?"he walked over.
"The new uniforms came in last night we have to pass them out, step one is get the boxes to the uniform room. He groaned and went to go grab a box.
"So what did kars need?" Gyro walked next to me.
"New uniforms have to pass them out." I wasn't sure why he kept following like a lost puppy lately.
"Let me get the drummers to help bring the boxes" he smiled.
"No we got thi-"
"Y/n if you do not let him help I will piss in your shoes." Abbacchio cut me off.
"I guess that's an ok then." I sighed.

To be continued ===>