Aftermath

(in which we all fuck up and freak out :))

  Captain's Log: It's been decades. There is no fresh water or land in sight. There is only the never ending blue of vast ocean. My only surviving comrade and loyal first mate, April O'Neil, has been knocked unconscious by sheer lack of entertainment. This may be my final entry...

  I bonked my head on the wall. "OW!"

  "Sorry!" April winced. "It's hard to wriggle out without swaying."

  "Yeah, no kidding."

  As you can plainly see, we were still stuck in the messy (and not to mention nauseating) tangle of webs, hanging upside down and surrounded by the reeking smell of salami juices. It did not help at all that the place was humid and we were struggling and sweaty. This was simply not my night. Nor April's, for that matter. 0/5 stars; would not recommend buying here.

  April let a sigh of defeat. "They tied us up good."

  "No shit." I spat. "I can feel the rope burns. Is this even rope?"

  "Eugh, I hope so." she shuddered. "Look, I think I know how to get out of here, but promise you won't freak out, 'kay?"

  I looked at her skeptically. "You're not gonna morph into some kind of bloodthirsty werewolf or something, are you?"

  She chuckled solemnly. "Not exactly.. just trust me."

  "...you're.. somehow going to call those green.. human..people from before. Are you?" I guessed.

  She pursed his lips. "Mmhm."

  I sighed. "Okay. I'll do my best not to freak."

  "Thank you." she smiled in relief. "Now, see if you can kick my phone out of my pocket."

  It certainly took a while, but I managed to awkwardly bump my leg against her hips enough for her mobile to slip out. Even then I was barely able to catch it as it fell. And after that April had to unlock her phone with her nose, and dial the number in. The conclusion being, it was definitely more exhausting than any PE lesson I've ever had.

  The phone clicked and someone answered.

  "You are conversing with Donatello."

  I froze. That voice, that line... April started rambling of our situation, I paid no attention as my mind wandered elsewhere. It was unmistakable, that was Don, the Don I've been talking to for months now. And he was, in real life, a.. turtle man? But.. no, no no no. It can't be. No. ... But then again, it all made sense now; why he was so against exchanging pictures and video chatting. The curiosity of my views regarding turtle-man urban legends..

  Hoo boy, I'm in deep shit now.

  While I zoned out, I failed to realise my grip on the phone loosening as April talked. Before I could even react, the phone clattered to the floor; thankfully it didn't break. April looked at me in disdain.

  "(Y/N).." she groaned.

  "Gah, sorry!" I squeaked. "Sorry, sorry; it just slipped.."

  "..(y/n)...?" the phone crackled before a faint beep signified that the call had been ended.

  Deep shit indeed. I'm fucked.