Anxious Booty

(tbh the main reason I'm ditching the texting for now is because bolding the usernames is a lot of work- and progress for your relationship w don, plot stuff too i guess skskskksk) (anyway here's some booty pov 🍑 )

  Lately, Donatello had found himself ringing up a certain llama almost every night. Ever since that night when they first called, Donnie had found himself actually looking forward to the next time he'd hear her voice. It felt warm and welcome when she was on the phone. It was comfort to him.

  Not that he'd ever admit it in person; he has a reputation to uphold.

  So when she didn't ask to call again within the next week, he took matters into his own hands. He flung his dignity into the trash and called her first. She was surprised, and endless teasing ensued, but it was worth the trouble.

  And so nowadays they'd be calling rather than texting on most nights, save when they were sending each other vines at 2 in the morning. Jamming songs together practically became a tradition, Dancing Queen a must; Donnie had installed soundproofing in his room and lab for that specific reason.

  Donnie was happy. And yet he wasn't. The thought of one day meeting her in person was tempting, yet it scared him. Feelings of dilemma was always near. He was utterly lost.

  Because for once in his life, he was presented a problem he didn't know the solution to. It frustrated him, even more than Leo's dumb one liners did.

  He decided he'd gather some solid opinions and facts first. Observe. Collect Data. Hypothesise and make a conclusion. Hence presenting a solution. After all, scientific methods hadn't failed him yet.

  His phone rang. Ah, perfect timing.

  He put it on speaker and leaned back in his chair.

  "You are conversing with Donatello." he answered, his smile fond.

  "Do you have to say that every time I call first?"

  "It's my thing." he insisted.

  "Alright then, dork." she snickered.

  He'd normally act defensive when she called him that, but this time he simply rolled his eyes. He had bigger fish to fry at the moment.

  "I have a question."

  "With that brilliant mind of yours, I highly suspect that you always do." she hummed. "But anyways; shoot."

  Donnie flustered at the compliment, but ignored it, pushing forward.

  "You live in New York." he began, only to be cut off by her snorting.

  "Yes, we've established that a while ago."

  "I wasn't finished." he sighs, exasperated.

  "Okay, sorry. You were saying?"

  "What do you think of those rumours?"

  There was a pause.

  "Don, you gotta be more specific here. There are a lot of rumours going around when you're in NYC."

  "R-right." he fumbled. Damn, why was he so unfocused?

  "I'm talking about those alleged mutant turtle sightings."

  "Oh? Why, are you a skeptic?"

  "Uh.. what about you?"

  "Turning the tables." she huffed. "How unfair. But no, I actually do believe those turtles could possibly exist."

  "Why?"

  "I am glad you asked." while Donatello couldn't see her, he could practically feel her beaming with pride. Adorable.

  "So I searched some stuff up, and I found out that at least one of those turtles is a red eared slider, judging by the markings."

  Leo? She did research on Leo? Donnie found himself pouting at the screen. But of course, she couldn't see it.

  "Red eared sliders are pretty common in New York; hell, the turtle pond is full of them. So there's always the chance of one somehow slipping away and getting mutated."

  Donnie hummed to say he was still listening, but really his mind was racing with plans on strangling his brother in blue.

  "But how would a turtle be mutated on accident, you might ask? It's not like anyone would be dumb enough to build a radioactive power plant near America's most populated city or anything right?.. oh wait a minute, that's exactly what fucking happened."

  Donnie grinned at her enthusiasm.

  "If only you were this determined with schoolwork." he teased.

  "Ah, but you enjoy helping me with homework, Dons."

  He did.

  "Do not."

  "Right, right. So point being, hell yeah I think there are mutant turtles living in New York. The concept of it is awesome. I'd say they're probably hiding out in the subways, or near the sewage lines; there used to be entire communities thriving there."

  She got that one spot on. Impressive.

  "You watch way too many conspiracy theories."

  "Your lack of faith disturbs me."

  He snorted.

  "The overstretched span of your belief in fantasy disturbs me."

  "Say what you will, skeptic; who knows, maybe you'd bump into them soon."

  Oh, you have no idea.

  On a better note, she was taking the bait.

  "Would you want to meet them?" he asked, tone challenging.

  Ohmybananapancakes I actually asked her fuuuuu-

  "I mean, sure, I guess. If they're not going to eat me or whatever I'd gladly abandon society and even reality itself for that adventure." she laughed.

  He quietly let out a sigh of relief.

  "Abandoning reality altogether is too much, don't you think?"

  "Nah, it's overrated anyway. Fiction rules above all."

  "Of course." he smiled.

  "You should try abandoning logic every once in a while. It's fun."

  "You and I have very different definitions of 'fun'."

  "Yes, and yours is chaotically boring and controlling."

  "Is not."

  "Is too."

  "Is not."

  "Is too."

  "Is too."

  "Is not- wait." she cursed herself under her breath. "You sneaky shit."

  "Works every time."