[Oneshot] Ginny Weasley: I wanna be your girlfriend (Fem!reader)

Ginny Weasley and Y/N L/N were the greatest of friends. They did everything together and spent every millisecond in each other's company. They were practically attached to the hip.

What other people knew and Y/N was oblivious about, was Ginny's gigantic crush on her. The two will be caught doing romantic things, and Y/N would just say they were friends, just affectionate ones, in defense. 

Ginny wasn't quite happy with the way that Y/N would immediately push away any thought or suggestion that they might be a couple. Sure, she had no right to be mad at Y/N for that, but dammit, it hurt her.

As much as Ginny refused to believe it, she had fallen in love with her best friend. She tried to make it go away 'cause she knew with the way Y/N was acting, she didn't like Ginny back. 

There she sat with the golden trio at the Gryffindor table, all of them talking about events that had happened this week. It seems that everywhere they go, trouble follows.

"Gin!" 

She turns around on the stool and sees her crush running up to her, hugging her book of Charms to her chest, a wide smile plastered onto her face.

Ginny couldn't help smiling herself, seeing Y/N adorably run to her made her heart just melt. "Hey," Ginny greets. "Hey, can I ask you something?"

She nodded. "Sure." 
"Can I miss breakfast for today?"

Ginny furrows her eyebrows at her, scrunching her nose as well. "Why? Did something happen?" Y/N shook her head. "No, I'm just gonna meet up with Neville for some business."

The red-headed girl tilts her head, confused. "What kind of business...?" Y/N bites her bottom lip, whilst smiling. "Nothing important, he says he needs some help for something."

She crosses her arms. "That doesn't answer my question." Ginny frowns at Y/N's secretive behavior. "Come on, Gin. It's only for this day." Y/N pleads, clasping her hands together, pouting at Ginny, giving her puppy dog eyes.

Ginny let out a defeated sigh, shaking her head. "Alright, go on ahead." Y/N smiles widely at her best friend, bending down to give her a hug. "Thanks, Gin. Love you!" She says, skipping away from the Gryffindor table.

Love you.

She knew that Y/N merely thought of it as platonic, but to Ginny, it joyed and hurt her at the same time.
It joyed her because she can hear you say sweet words to her, hold you close, and kiss you on your cheek without you pushing her away, but it hurt her because she knew that it meant nothing to you.

It's just a hug.
It's just a kiss on the cheek.
It's just a sentence.

Ginny sighed as she kept poking the food on her plate with her fork. Hermione bit her lip seeing how down Ginny's mood was. So, she nudged Ron who was downing a whole chicken.

"Wha?" Ron asked, mouth full of food.
Hermione cocked her head towards Ginny's side of the table, causing Harry to also look over.
The three looked at Ginny who had her chin on her palm, pushing the peas on her plate to on one side of it.

Hermione coughs, trying to get Ginny's attention, but she continued to look down, paying no mind to the three friends who were sitting with her.

"Ginny?" Hermione calls out to her, in which Ginny responds with a grunt. "Ginny, what's the matter with you?" Ron asks as he takes a bite of his chicken.