[Oneshot] Newt Scamander : I hate him

In this oneshot, Theseus is a bit younger, for the sake of the story.

"Ugh, this fucking sucks!" I say, falling into my friend, Theseus's arms. We sat under a tree near the black lake, talking about my crush. "Mind telling me what's got you bothered?" He says, looping his arms around.

"Your brother," I mumble. "Ah, I see." He says, chuckling. "I just can't bring myself to tell him. What if he rejects me?" 

"I already told you, he feels the same way." 

I groan into his sleeve. "I know, but..." I trail off.

"But..?"

"I want him to confess to me!" I say, hopping out of his embrace. "Why?" 
"Because I'm stubborn, dammit!"

I hugged my knees to my chest, pouting. "You're going to get nowhere."

"That's not true! All your brother has to do is grow the balls to ask me out."

"You know that's never going to happen. The boy is too shy for his own good."
That was the biggest (and only) obstacle between me and Newt. Neither of us was willing to confess our feelings, for the fear of rejection.

I whined into my arm, muffling the frustration. " I fucking hate him, Theseus."

"No, you don't," He says, bluntly. "Yes, I do. I hate this feeling. I hate him. I hate that I like him. I hate how he can fucking rock my world with a single smile. I hate how a single word from his mouth can make me so weak. I hate Newt, I hate everything about him." I say, tears of frustration sliding down my cheeks.

"Oh, you poor baby." Theseus coos, pulling me in for another hug

Newt's POV

"I hate Newt, I hate everything about him." I heard Y/N say. I decided I would pretend to ask Theseus how he's doing, when the truth is, I came for Y/N.

But it's all useless now. Now I know how they really feel.

I gulped and turned around, going back inside the castle. 
While gloomily walking through the Hogwarts halls, I bump into my friend Leta Lestrange.

"Oh, sorry about that, Newt." She says, flashing me a soft smile.

"I-It's fine," I say, quietly. Tears were slowly rimming my eyes. "Hey, what's wrong?"I shook my head, wiping them away. "N-Nothing." 
She places a hand on my shoulder, squeezing it lightly. "You can trust me, Newt. What's going on?"

*

I sat at the Y/H table when I felt a pair of eyes staring at me. I look up to see Newt. I smile and wave at him, but instead of waving back like he usually would, he looks back down, avoiding my gaze.

I was kinda sad. But I decide to not make a big deal out of it. He's probably having a bad day.

I was wrong.

He's been acting like this for a week. He'd been avoiding me, and whenever I'd try to talk to him, he would say he's busy or that he's tired. 

And I thought my situation with Newt couldn't get any worse.

Another thing I've noticed is that he's been hanging out with Leta Lestrange. I've seen them together almost everywhere. The library, the astronomy tower, anywhere any student can go.

I sit in the Y/H common room with Theseus. He was ranting, but I couldn't make up what he was saying since I was so lost in my own mind.

"I mean, what even is the point of that, right? Y/N? Y/N...Y/N!"