[Imagine] Credence Barebone: at home lessons

Imagine teaching Credence simple charms

"Okay, Credence. You ready?" I say, propping myself on the couch beside him. I glance at him, waiting for him to answer. He looks down and fidgets with his wand, he seemed to be hesitating.

"Everything alright, Credence?" I softly ask, trying to not make him more anxious. "I-I'm nervous. W-What if s-something bad happens?" 

I could see his hands trembling, his eyes were fixated on the wand that we had got. "You don't need to worry, we'll be doing simple spells."

He nodded. "O-Okay, I-I'm ready." 

I give him an encouraging smile, which I hope was enough to let him know that I believed in him. "Let's get to it then!"

"Let's start with a small levitation charm." I picked up my wand from the table, having a firm grasp on it.

"Okay, so we're going to make this cup, right over here, levitate." I point to the small teacup sitting on top of the table with my wand.

"So hold out your wand." Credence mirrored my actions, stretching his arm. "Now move your wand like this," I say, swishing the wand in a wave-like motion, then flicking it downwards.

 "Swish and flick."

He copies my movements, waving his wand in the air, with each motion better than the last. "Good. Then you say 'Wingardium Leviosa'."

"W-Wingarduim Le-Leviosa."

"Okay, now watch. Wingardium Leviosa." I do the motion, and I say the words correctly. Soon enough, the cup starts to float, and Credence stares at it in awe.

"Wow..." I smile, noticing at how enamored he looked. I lower the cup back onto the table and turn to Credence. "Okay. Now you go."

Credence grips his wand, his hand slightly shaking. "Uh, you might want to stay put, Credence."
He nods, as he stills his hand.

"W-Wing-g-gardium Lev-iosa." He was choking on his words. I could tell he was scared. I place my hand on his arm and gave him a reassuring smile. "You can do this. I believe in you."

My words seemed to work, 'cause his words were more collected. "Wingardium Leviosa," He says, quietly. The cup stays put. 

"One more, a bit more stern this time." 

He took a deep breath, tightening his grasp on his wand. "Wingardium Leviosa." He adds more volume to his words.

The cup starts to lift off the table, gradually getting higher. I could visibly see Credence's smile. "You did it!" I cheer.

He lowers the cup back onto the table, landing with a clink. "I did it...I did it! I DID IT!" He exclaimed. I laugh, looking at how joyous he is. "Yes. Yes, you did."

"I...I can't believe it. I made the cup float. I did that, Y/N! Isn't that cool?" He excitedly says. "Yes, it is, indeed, cool."

He has a lot to learn