The Best Kind of Love:

Sabine carried the heaping plates of food into the Gauntlet and then hit the button to close the ramp with her elbow on the way by.

She hummed a Mando drinking song under her breath as she walked, having heard a group of loud, and well on their way to being sotted, warriors singing it as she was scouting the buffet tables for the best options. Sabine was in a very good mood; feeling like the entire day had been a dream worthy success. Was it only this morning that they'd gone to destroy the Duchess? Somehow, it felt like a lifetime ago already.

She took the plates of food to the small galley / common room and set them on the table and then plunked down the four water bottles that had been trapped between her arm and her torso. Sabine had thought about getting them something stronger to drink but decided against it after remembering the first and last time Ezra had alcohol.

Despite Kanan's warning that it was a bad idea, Rex had talked Ezra into joining him and Zeb in a game of Sabacc and Shots while Hera was away on a training mission with Phoenix Squadron. Of course Rex and Zeb had used the strongest Corellian Whiskey possible. Of course Ezra had lost almost every hand. And of course he ended up passed out drunk in about half an hour. And of course he'd felt sick for a whole day afterwards from the unfamiliar alcohol poisoning.

Zeb and Rex had thought it was hilarious.

Kanan had said, "I told you so," and force fed Ezra as much soothing tea as he could stand.

Sabine hadn't been surprised at all, considering Ezra hadn't even had so much as a beer before joining the crew, and Hera had been fierce in her determination to keep it that way. She kept her ship alcohol free for Kanan's sake, anyway, and not letting the minors drink was just something else she did with her natural mothering instincts.

Ezra hadn't been inclined towards trying any alcohol since. That was more than a year ago now.

Sabine, on the other hand, had practically been raised on mead, and after her stint as a bounty hunter, she was quite capable of drinking pretty much anything without batting an eye.

But she was just as happy to drink water or caf as anything else, so water with dinner it was. The good news was that someone had brought a whole container of exotic flavouring beads for the water bottles. Sabine hadn't seen those in a long time and had grabbed a handful of the little treats and put them in the pocket of Ezra's jacket for transport. Now, she dug them out and picked off a couple pieces of lint before finding a cup to store them in for now.

Leaving the room, Sabine went back to the cargo area and grabbed Ezra's t-shirt, belt and weapons, and her helmet, and then made for Ezra's cabin with a purpose to her step. She put everything down on a small desk as quietly as possible and then paused and just looked at her husband.

Her shoulders rose and fell as she sighed softly in contentment to just stop for a moment and watch him sleep. He was still in roughly the same position she'd left him in, sprawled across the entire bed, but now completely covered with all the available blankets. He must have gotten cold without her keeping him warm. His face was turned towards her and he looked adorable and so very peaceful as the barest hint of a snore escaped him.

He looked so very young and innocent like that, Sabine suddenly felt a hundred years older than him. But she shrugged off that silliness, knowing that when it came to life experience, Ezra was every bit as old as her; he'd had to grow up way before his time when he'd lost his parents at the age of seven and been forced to survive in the streets of Lothal. She didn't lose her family until she was fourteen, so he was winning (if you could call it that) already, with that alone.

Not wanting to delve any further into depressing territory, Sabine stepped forward and whispered a caressing hand over his short, silky hair. She bent down and pressed her lips to his cheek ever so softly, smiling as he made a pleased sounding hum as he finally sensed her presence. "Are you hungry, Ez?" she whispered in his nicely formed ear.