Part 14: The Missing Page

Lydia's POV

After the fight with the Bogeyman we headed back to Master Fu's studio. Marinette and I walked behind Adrien as he was so excited he was walking faster then us.
"We need to keep an eye on Adrien." I say quietly so he doesn't hear me.
"What do you mean?" Marinette asks.
"Remember the prophecy about how we will either save the world from the evil or be its downfall?"
"Yes. Do you think we won't be able to stop it?" She asked looking shocked.
"I'm just worried about Adrien. His power is to destroy, it can easily be turned evil if he's not careful. He was given the power because he has the best intentions and biggest heart. I just hope that's enough to keep him from turning." I say as I watch Adrien practically skipping with happiness 6 feet ahead of us.
"But what could possibly make him evil?" She asks slowing her pace so we stay out of eat shot with Adrien.
"It can be anything. Something from his past that might come back, guilt, fear... anger. I'm just worried that since his trigger is anger he might have to channel it so deep that he won't return from it." I say as I think about his past, what could possible cause anger like that.
"Well, we'll just have to make sure he won't need to use that kind of anger and strength." Marinette days and I nod.

We finally reach the studio and open the door but no Master Fu. Which isn't suspicious as he told us he has another living space upstairs where he always takes naps.
"So do you think we can use these gifts multiple time without our transformations wearing out?" Adrien asks as all the kwamis fly out.
"Yes. During the battle Lydia was able to use the light magic multiple times. So Marinette, you can create as many things as you can that's within your strength, no matter the size." Tiki says as she sits to eat a cookie.
"Guess I'll need to practice that." She says looking at her hands.
"Well let's start. What's the biggest thing you've created so far with your gift?" I ask.
"Hmmm probably the bandage for your hand."
"Okay so try to make something bigger then that and work your way to something huge." I say.

After a long afternoon of practicing and helping Marinette she was able to create an entire car with her powers, but it can only last about 20 minutes before it disappears.
"Ugh I can't get it to stay longer." She says in frustration.
"Hey, don't worry. You made a a lot of progress in an afternoon." Adrien says as he takes her hand in his.
"Yea. Besides I still have the hair tie you made and that was how long a ago? The other day?" I say and take the hair tie out of my hair to show her.
"You're right. I forgot I made that for you. I guess I have the strength to keep smaller things    I created permanent." She says and a smile shows on her face.

"It's getting late." I say and look at Adrien.
"We will walk you home." I say and with that we leave the studio with out kwamis.

-later-

Adrien and I finally get home and be created by Natalie. "Your father apologizes but he won't be able to have dinner with you." She says.
"But he said he was going to." I say a little upset. Since I've been here I probably only seen him a few brief times.
"Nothing I haven't heard before." Adrien says and starts to walk off.
"Wait no. This isn't right. Adrien tells me he always does this. What more important then spending time with your family? With your children? With the daughter he has t seen in years?" I say to Natalie in a calm but upset tone.
"I'm sorry but he's busy in his study and doesn't want to be disturbed." She says looking down upset. I can tell she doesn't always agree with him either and that it is wrong for him to always be working instead of spending time with his family. I walk away towards our fathers study since I don't want to make Natalie feel worse.
"Father!" I say lousy outside the door but don't get a response. I open the door.
"No. Lyds, wait." Adrien says behind but too late. I pushed the larger door open but there was no one in the room.
"Where is he?" I say and walk into the room to the large desk by the back wall.
"Not sure. I have really been in here." He says looking around.
"Really?" I saw as I stood over the desk looking at all the papers.
"We really shouldn't be him here. He doesn't like anyone in here." He says closing the door.
"Well maybe he should spend time with us instead of working. What's he even working on? All I see are sketches of designs, clothes, patter-." I say but stop mid thought as I pick up a piece of paper that's been worn out. So worn out that it's turned a beige colour, wrinkled and torn on the edges.
"What did you find?" Adrien asks as he walks over beside me.
"The torn page of the miraculous book." I say in shock.
"What? How's that possible?" He says looking at the paper.
"I'm not sure. But this is a very powerful, evil, dangerous and complicated spell." I say reading the fading words.
"Well what does it say?" He asks since he couldn't read it because it was in Latin. Like majority of the book is.
"Oh my god..." I say as I look up.
"He's Hawkmoth and I know what his plan is. What it's been all along." I say shaking.

***************
Well, here is the next part! Hope you enjoyed it because the next one will blow your mind!
Let me know what you think so far!