3. Your past

"Are you alright?" Shouto looks worried.
You wipe away your tears. "Sorry, I guess I have a weak point for sad backstories."
"Pfft, don't you dare think I am pathetic."
"No no, I am not, I am sorry." You smile.
"What about your backstory?" Shouto looks at you.
"I-ehh, so you know, I think my parents are dead or something. I heard someone say that, don't know if it's true tho. I do know that my parents sold me to that company when I was six years old. I have been to 7 different people before." You look at him, "Do you want to know about everyone?"
He nods, "If you don't mind."
"Okay. Number 1: It was an old lady who wanted someone who could play with her grand-daughter. After 2 months her and me didn't connect so I got sold again.
Number 2: A middle-aged man who wanted someone to do chores. In the end I was too small for him and got sold again after a week.
Number 3: This one -eh did something that I don't want to repeat." You sigh, and look at your hands. (Imagine what you want xD)
Number 4: I was 8 by that time, he didn't do much with me, I was locked in a room and an hour a day he would just stare at me. I don't know what he did or why he did it but he did and it creeps me out.
Number 5: I was 9 here I think, this was the longest one of all. I needed to do chores and sometimes he would beat me up. But after I started my period he didn't want me anyone. It WaS tOo MuCh MoNeY.
Number 6: I was 13 here. It was an old lady who bought me to do chores. For my 14th birthday she knitted a scarf. I love her so much, you just don't know." You sigh, "B-but she, she died and-and I wasn't allowed to go to her funeral." You burst out in tears and sit down on the ground, you take a moment and continue. "A-after that I got sold again and ended up by a man who would just beat me up all day. And after that I ended up here." You smile through your tears. Shouto didn't know what to say. He only now realised how skinny you were.
You stand up, "I am sorry, I guess I am just way too much of a crybaby. I'll go sleep now, good night." You walk into your room. You sigh, Good start [Y/N], good start.
You put on the pyjamas you found in the drawer and brush your teeth. Hana came to tell you you needed to set your alarm around 7 A.M. and be ready at 7.30 so you could help prepare breakfast. (In the weekends of course, 6 A.M. on the other days.) You sit down on the bed. It's so soft!!
This feels like heaven.
You let yourself fall onto your bed and curl up in a ball. Later that evening Hana opens your door slightly and looks at you. She walks up to you and puts a blanket over you. (AHW MY HEART MELTS, I really picture her as a loving person :D)
*Next day*
Your alarm goes off. You reach for the off button. Did I put a blanket over myself? Jeez, this was the best sleep I ever had. You get up and put your outfit on that lays ready on your chair. It's a black dress with a white apron (Typical maid stuff xD). You walk down the hallway, it was this way right? You look around. Yes, I need to go down the stairs turn right and then left.
"I am here!" You say while you walk into the kitchen.
"oh thank god, [Y/N] can you lay the table for me?"
"Of course." After you lay the table Hana wants you to bake eggs. "How does it work?" You look at Hana.
"You don't know how to bake an egg? Here I'll show you. Simple isn't it?"
You try to break the egg with upper concentration but it shatters and the egg is filled with shell. "Like this?" You look at Hana who shakes with her head. "I'll do the eggs, can you toast some bread?"
"Okay, I did that before so I won't mess it up."
Hana laughs.

"Can you call everybody?" Hana asks.
"How? do I need to walk into their room?"
"You knock first and if they answer you can come in and ask if they want breakfast."
"Okay, thank you."
All the rooms are in the same hallway so it should be easy.
First is Endeavor, then Natsuo after that Fuyumi and lastly Shouto.
You knock. "yes?" You open the door. "Breakfast... is ready?" You see Shouto brushing his teeth. "Okawy, thwank youw." He answers, he tries to smile but he chokes on his toothpaste. He coughs, "Blehg, toothpaste is gross to swallow. I'll come in a minute!" "Okay!" you answer and turn around. "[Y/N]?" "Yes?" you turn back around. "That outfit looks great on you." He smiles. You get red. "Pfft, stop joking around." Shouto laughs, "You should be more confident, tho I get why you would act like that, but it was a compliment so take it as one." "U-uh okay." You make a little bow, quickly turn around and close the door. "You alright [Y/N]" Fuyumi walks up to you and smiles. "No-no not that, he was brushing his teeth and almost choked on toothpaste." Fuyumi laughs. "Come, or breakfast will get cold."

(Bit more information for you :): So it may look like that [Y/N] doesn't act respectfully towards the Todorokies. At first you did say 'sir' or 'madame' and didn't say their first name. But Endeavor wanted you to call them by their first names :). Matsu is just stubborn and doesn't want to only call them by their first names so he still says 'sir' and 'madame'.)

(To be continued)