Square One

Hey guys! So, this is my first book here so I would really appreciate it if you guys helped me out and recommended it ;) Sorry to bore you guys with my writing up here but I just wanted to let you guys know that I made the first chapter short just so you could decide whether you want to continue reading it or not. I hope you guys do though :))

Please comment and vote! I’ll love you all if you helped me out!!

Xoxo gossip goat ;)

Sorry I just had to say that haha.

-          Frappee14

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 1 –

“Valerie! Valerie, please wake up!! VALERIE!! COME ON PLEASE!! *sobs*

I tried to open my eyes, my lids were heavy, it was too hard. My air ways seemed to be blocked by what seemed to be thick smoke. I tried opening my eyes again, blinking furiously in what seemed to be a deadly sleep.

“VALERIE COME ON!! WAKE UP!!”

I heard distant yelling, a familiar voice calling. A soothing one, filled with horror, my mother. Before I knew it I was being shaken awake by strong yet sensitive hands. I opened my eyes to a horror film in my peaceful dreams. My curtains were engulfed in burning flames, eating away on what used to be purple material, and the floor seemed to be covered in a thick layer of black ash as did the rest of the furniture in my room. I couldn’t see anything. Nothing apart from the bright red monster of heat hovering not too far away from me. I began violently coughing out the lump of smoke in my throat that seemed to have already made its way into my lungs, intoxicating me completely. The two people beside me did the same.

“Valerie, run! Run before it’s too late! GO!!” My dad yelled at me.

“Mum! Dad! What’s happening?! There’s a fire! Why aren’t you moving!! COME ON!! We have to get out of here!” I spoke, my voice sounding croaky and being interrupted by chokes of air. My head was spinning and even though I was panicking, my eyes rolled backwards and I felt like falling backwards in dizziness.

The sound of the constant beeping of alarms blocked out my ears, my breaths caught up in my throat, becoming shorter and shorter by the second. I chocked on the thick ash covering my face, coughing and coughing until I collapsed back onto the bed. I tried my best to keep my eyes open, blinking furiously with weakness taking over my body.

“Where’s Jason?!! MUM!! WHERE IS HE?!” I choked out.

“GO VALERIE!! YOU HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE!!”

“Mom, dad... run. Run please... please.

“Before it’s too late. GO!!”

“BUZZZ!!!!”

I shot up out of bed shaking. The same dream again. It’s been two whole months and I’m so scared that I’ll be waking up to that horror everyday for the rest of my life, dream or reality. I was panting now, like I had just run a marathon. I looked down to see the deep purple coloured bed sheets lying on the floor in a scrunched up mess and to find nothing left on my bed, just myself and the pillow I was tightly holding onto. I couldn’t tell if I was cold without my bed sheets or cold in my short summer pyjamas, but I was uncontrollably shacking. I exhaled unsteadily and wiped away the droplet of sweat from my forehead.

“BUZZZ!!!”

The sound of my annoying alarm clock filled my up my small room again and I was reminded yet again of the fire alarm. My ears started ringing and I aimed to turn it off, whacking something while attempting to do so. Let’s just say that I might need to buy a new lamp. I was never really a hand-eye coordinated person. When I managed to get that stupid object to shut up, I got out of bed, letting go of the pillow which I seemed to have squeezed all the air out of, and took a look around my room, or at least what was left of it since I was last here. Some boxes still filled, while others half empty scattered all around the small room which was now mine. This was meant to be my home now.