Chapter 16 *EPILOGUE*

Chapter 16 –

Last chapter:

I wondered what the atmosphere would be like at school when I wouldn’t have to worry, or be paranoid of someone sneaking up on me and beating me down like… no. I didn’t want to finish that thought. I cringed on the inside. It won’t be like that anymore. He’s gone. I repeated in my head.

Adrian placed his hand on top of mine and he gave me a supportive smile, I had no idea how he always knew that something bad was going through my mind. I smiled back at him. This year is almost finished, and in a matter of 3 months I would start my final year of high school. I couldn’t wait.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you all enjoy the last chapter of Square one xx

- Frappee14 (Omg I’m 16 now, and I’ve never tried a frappe, don’t even know where I came up with that name hahaha :P)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 EPILOGUE *4 months later*

The sun hit my face like it had never done before, it felt like I’d been locked up in a dungeon for my whole life and was finally let out to meet the sun’s empowering rays. It kind of stung at first, but now soaked into my skin, leaving it tingly. I thought of my dungeon, which was my mind, or what I went through. It made my breaths short. It was like I had been trapped, bound to follow a certain path, to experience a certain fate.

I sighed looking into the distance but not really looking at anything. I guess things happen because they just have to, we may have no control over what those things are, but at least we have control over whom we spend our life with.

At that thought, I looked across from me to find Adrian rushing through the pages of his maths book. His exam was today, and like always he left it to the last minute. I smiled, the wind aggressively flipping his hair in every direction possible.

We were sat in the middle of the park and I had a feel of dejavu. An idea popped into my head and I quickly ripped out a paper from my notebook, quickly writing in the shortest way possible how appreciative I was of this guy. How he’s everything, and always will be.

‘I love you, Adrian.’ It wrote, I slid the small paper onto his book, and his eyes scanned it before looking up at me with a warm smile. He grabbed his pen and wrote on the other side, before passing it back to me.

‘I loved you first, Valerie.’ He grabbed my hand from across the table and we just sat there for a while, staring at each other, it’s like we didn’t really need words anymore, or explanations.

“Um guys, not to ruin the moment or anything, but we have like three minutes to get to school.”

I looked up to find Lisa and Chris walking towards the table holding hands. I smiled to myself; we all got what we wanted.

“Yep, we’ll be right behind you, let me just pack all this junk up.” Said Adrian, gathering all his loose papers and shoving them into his math book before putting them in his bag.

“Glad to see you finally studying for something, thought you were going to have to chuck a Ben and repeat.” Said Chris, we all burst into laughter, knowing well that Ben had to repeat year 12. I thought back to that night in the Garage when he told us and chuckled. At least he could get the girls with his looks.

“Shut up Chris” Said Adrian smiling, punching him in the shoulder playfully as he stood up.

“We’re going to head off, meet you guys at school” Said Lisa smiling, Chris grabbed her by the hand once again and they walked off, leaving Adrian and I alone.